what is the cheapest way to ship a 11.4kg pc casing frm US?


Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2005
576
0
0
#1
desperately need to ship a 11.4kg casing frm US. the shipping within US alone costs USD49.50
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#4
Murcielago said:
i've tried this method, thanks. but i am looking for cheaper options
go to www.usps.com

For 30 pounds (about 15 KG incl. packaging):


[SIZE=-1] Delivery Time* [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Price[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
Global Express Guaranteed® Document Service
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2 - 3 Days[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]$166.50[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
Global Express Guaranteed® Non-Document Service
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2 - 3 Days[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Global Express Mail™ (EMS)[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]3 - 5 Days[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]$148.60[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Airmail Parcel Post[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]4 - 10 Days[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]$133.05[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]
Economy (Surface) Parcel Post
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4 - 6 Weeks[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]$57.00[/SIZE]
 

#5
Murcielago said:
desperately need to ship a 11.4kg casing frm US. the shipping within US alone costs USD49.50
there is almost no way you can get a cheaper option shipping from here.
firstly 12kg is approx. 26lbs or more.. its like a sack of rice.
its going to be extremely expensive to send it overseas.

one other option is to do it via sea. it might take 8 -12 weeks or more though
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#6
haagen_dazs said:
there is almost no way you can get a cheaper option shipping from here.
firstly 12kg is approx. 26lbs or more.. its like a sack of rice.
its going to be extremely expensive to send it overseas.

one other option is to do it via sea. it might take 8 -12 weeks or more though
ask somebody handcarry...
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
39
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#7
I have sent a PC casing from SG to US with proper styrofoam and cushion all around.

but when the casing reach there, the whole motherboard cracked
 

#8
Wai said:
I have sent a PC casing from SG to US with proper styrofoam and cushion all around.

but when the casing reach there, the whole motherboard cracked
one thing about packaging for shipping is that, the item needs some free bouncing room space.
this will prevent any impact shock from aggrevating the item...
just my 2 cents since i do alot shipping every week/otherweek.
 

Firefox

New Member
Feb 15, 2004
716
0
0
Bedok
#9
Good luck shipping it... You're likely to end up with a mangled metal wreck..
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom