What is the cheap cam were you using when police stopped you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think they have recievce news that bin ladan will strick in asia soon,guess only ,don't take in seriously thinking that I am spreading rumous.

Al Qaeda's fringe groups had already STRUCK.

Remember Bali bombings and Yishun MRT station?

Flare said:
Hahahah, frankly, think they'll stop ppl with point and shoot more than people with big momma DSLR/SLR setups. (especially someone who hangs around in a multi-storey carpark and shooting at everything)

Simple film compacts are still the best for these work if you ask me. They may not win you awards (but people with P&S had), but they are fast, stealthy and film are more tolerant of exposure errors. You'll be surprised at how much details and info you can get from a $50 non-zooming auto film compact.

think rangefinders are better at stealthing... (see too much Pearl Harbour liao)

actually the more stealthy u look, the more suspicious ppl get... so if u have it, flaunt it... take out your camera & shoot... if they really check, den who cares if u din do anything wrong? but til now i haven kena, maybe i got this artistic look... hehehehehe..

Hehehe... Surprising they managed to get razor sharp images. Da Japanese spies doing the recon muz be really good photographers! :D

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think rangefinders are better at stealthing... (see too much Pearl Harbour liao)

actually the more stealthy u look, the more suspicious ppl get... so if u have it, flaunt it... take out your camera & shoot... if they really check, den who cares if u din do anything wrong? but til now i haven kena, maybe i got this artistic look... hehehehehe..

To look "artisitic" do you grow a ponytail and some beard?

Da evils of National Service... Argh....

I swear I'm letting my hair grow. I'm not cutting it till my reservist next year.

Sion said:
To look "artisitic" do you grow a ponytail and some beard?
And with a turban, you can look like a stereotypical terrorist.

What if you were using a film camera and they ask to see the pictures?
LOL...

i think if you are at the carpark with a DSLR and a super long zoom, you will be in worse trouble, they think you a peeping tom, so i feel lucky only P&S

Just show them, especially the cute pictures of local cats in your CF cards.Aww... :)

Anyway I asked them if it is illegal to take pictures in public. They says no, but just curious what I just took. So I show them lamposts, streetlights. They didn't even bother to look. The other guy must have felt so stupid. Breaking their plainclothes cover just to catch a terrorist who decided to bomb a hdb carpark. They are better off checking uncles and aunties carrying bags. Better chance of a drug or vcd bust. A guy with a P&S pointing at inanmate objects, the most he get is a warning for shooting at protected places. Maybe carparks will be gazetted as one next. So they are doing some kind of 'market survey'. With that I see a future in CS having shooting gallery for people testing exposures with their cameras without having to bother to show IC.

hahaha he must've felt dumb... but then again, it's good to see that the police are alert and bother to even bother you! it shows how INTO the job theyre into :)

as for ID Cards... i tink if we have em but state that you've gotta PAY for them and IF the cards have special discounts like for the photography bookstore at adelphi? hehe say 10% discount... or discount at Alan Photo or Cathay... i think people will pay for membership.... say $50 a year :)

tankahn said:
Anyway I asked them if it is illegal to take pictures in public. They says no, but just curious what I just took. So I show them lamposts, streetlights. They didn't even bother to look. The other guy must have felt so stupid. Breaking their plainclothes cover just to catch a terrorist who decided to bomb a hdb carpark. They are better off checking uncles and aunties carrying bags. Better chance of a drug or vcd bust. A guy with a P&S pointing at inanmate objects, the most he get is a warning for shooting at protected places. Maybe carparks will be gazetted as one next. So they are doing some kind of 'market survey'. With that I see a future in CS having shooting gallery for people testing exposures with their cameras without having to bother to show IC.

i don't think it's a simple matter of WHAT you took or WHAT camera you have. By coming up to you, they are actually sizing you up... to see if you're indeed suspicious or trying to hide something from them.

If terrorists wanna 'plan' for something, they WOULD take pictures of the surroundings, and that mean lampposts, signboards, etc.

ParkertR said:
hahaha he must've felt dumb... but then again, it's good to see that the police are alert and bother to even bother you! it shows how INTO the job theyre into :)

as for ID Cards... i tink if we have em but state that you've gotta PAY for them and IF the cards have special discounts like for the photography bookstore at adelphi? hehe say 10% discount... or discount at Alan Photo or Cathay... i think people will pay for membership.... say $50 a year :)

It's a membership card... not an official ID card. I'm just wondering... what's so special about a CS ID card? What's so bigshot about a clubsnapper. Really. BEsides getting a discount at some stores, a clubsnapper is no bigger deal than a Friends of the Zoo member or NTUC Fairprice member. PLease remember that even by flashing your Clubsnap ID, a clubsnapper is not above the law. It doesn't protect you from the men in blue (or plainclothes for that matter).

ParkertR said:

$50 a year? You can use your Epson printer and laminator to print one out yourself.

You can normally get away with it because not all police knows how a photographer ID looks like. The staff in the camera store will believe you as they haven't seen too many of discount cards too as long as you don't print a 50% discount card. :sweatsm:

If I were you I would put "Planet Press" in my photographer ID to get access to any location in the national parade or to backstage of Miss Singapore Contest. :sweatsm:

tankahn said:

Hi,

Just for your info, those police u met may be fake as well. Did u check their IDs carefully? I heard from someone who did quarrel with a car owner when the guy thought he was some HDB officier taking his illegal parking. Just a thought... ;)

engineermunn said:
It's a membership card... not an official ID card. I'm just wondering... what's so special about a CS ID card? What's so bigshot about a clubsnapper. Really. BEsides getting a discount at some stores, a clubsnapper is no bigger deal than a Friends of the Zoo member or NTUC Fairprice member. PLease remember that even by flashing your Clubsnap ID, a clubsnapper is not above the law. It doesn't protect you from the men in blue (or plainclothes for that matter).

Do not underestimate the magic of CS ID card.

1. You may get an upgrade from economy seat to first class seat if a fellow CSer is flying the plane.

2. You may get a free ride if a fellow CSer is driving the bus.

3. You may get a cell with air-con and colour TV if caught by a fellow CSer who is a police.

4. You may get a free burger if a fellow CSer is manning the counter at Macdonald.

etc. etc. the list goes on and on........... (I think others will be able to expand the list further).

:sweatsm:

hahaha!! Sion!! :thumbsup:

well... i was just suggesting - nikonians.org has a membership card too~ well, if people arent keen then don't do it. don't have to get all flustered up aye? :) peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.