What is the box-like thing for taking macro shots???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercuryblue

May 20, 2004
northern singapore
Hi

Saw on TV someone using an open white box thing to act as the background for taking macro shots of his watches. Does anyone know what's that object called, and where I can get one?

Thanks.

hehehe time to show my 'box' again...

operating_theater_version_2.sized.jpg

see my sig for the side view... my 'operating theater'

think i should ask eastgear hire me as sales... this 1 is called a light tent, den its sold at eastgear, the website also shows it... eastgear.com

thanks del_ctrl for sharing. :cool: but that's not quite what i saw. it resembled something like a white plastic tupperware leaning sideways, with its open end facing the camera... seen something like tht b4? :confused:

mercuryblue said:
thanks del_ctrl for sharing. :cool: but that's not quite what i saw. it resembled something like a white plastic tupperware leaning sideways, with its open end facing the camera... seen something like tht b4? :confused:

It's the same thing .... it is used to cut down reflection on reflective object ;)

hmm...that's probably it. :D is it also called a light tent? a mini one maybe? thx. :thumbsup:

mercuryblue said:
hmm...that's probably it. :D is it also called a light tent? a mini one maybe? thx. :thumbsup:

tis is called a cocoon... its a smaller version of a light tent... you can go to CP & take a look, its just at the counter area the last time i went...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
redwing_cocoon.jpg

something like this??? i saw this on sale at CP peninsula, at the one selling tripods.
That's the Bowens light tent... There's a kit about $1000ish with two lights with light stands...

nickmak said:
That's the Bowens light tent... There's a kit about $1000ish with two lights with light stands...

tis is the sell-it-on-the-net 1 lah, eastgear brought in the light tent from sell-it-on-the-net too... anyway all about the same, as long as the effect is there, who cares wat brand is it?

not sure which 1 did CP brought in, but i think all uses the same OEM one, just branded themselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.