what is the biggest size photograph I can print for 2464x1646 300dpi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMbEst

Deregistered
May 25, 2006
any idea? can print up to poster size? how big?

like you said lor.. you have 2464dots.. you want 300dots per inch. simple maths give you 2464/300=8inch lor.. :dunno: i think you do do the other edge as a practice

yanyewkay said:
like you said lor.. you have 2464dots.. you want 300dots per inch. simple maths give you 2464/300=8inch lor.. :dunno: i think you do do the other edge as a practice

think u got it wrong wor... i thought when its 300dpi, its 1" x 1" with 300 dots inside?

:think: i think it is just 300dots per inch.. not 300 dots per square inch. :D

eh dun quote me wrongly hor. My post not like that one.

what output format you printing for? large format inkjet?

if you need more pixels you could try step-interpolation, genuine fractals, or even qimage.

huh? so small only ah? can't even print poster size??? me still very noob lah. Saw the photo summary put 300dpi. Isn't that part of the resolution?

mostly people. Wedding related.

iMbEst said:
mostly people. Wedding related.
group photo? not so big. 8R can lor.
head or half body shots, can go bigger, maybe 10by15.

anything bigger than this, unless you want it to be arty farty, or you have a very sharp lens plus sharp focus image.

catchlights said:
group photo? not so big. 8R can lor.
head or half body shots, can go bigger, maybe 10by15.

anything bigger than this, unless you want it to be arty farty, or you have a very sharp lens plus sharp focus image.

Or a further viewing distance. I reckon you could probably just about pull off 12R if your image is dead sharp and the viewing distance is like 1m>.

wildstallion said:
Or a further viewing distance. I reckon you could probably just about pull off 12R if your image is dead sharp and the viewing distance is like 1m>.
yes,

but I not sure how sharp is his image, and 12R is costly.

catchlights said:
yes,

but I not sure how sharp is his image, and 12R is costly.

Yeah, true, around 6-8 bucks a print, but looks gd if the image is sharp, i print quite often at S12R and 12R now.

Maybe TS could post a 100% crop of the infocus part of the image so we can help you out better, along with the whole image too? :dunno:

will it help a little if one prints at 150dpi instead of 300dpi? Can see any difference? Or will you get to see artefacts?

HS

Uncle HS,

from my experience,u will see minor artefacts when u push the enlargement limits..

i would say a 16x24" will give acceptable result.

go to professional printers if you need to upsize your photos really big. I had mine upsized from a vertical edge of 2000 pixels to a height of 1.9m retaining the sharpness. :lovegrin:

That's a 4MP image source with 300DPI. Going to a S8R 8"x12" should not be a prob... however if you want bigger than that, like poster size, you'd need special software to 'blow' it up.

My biggest production from a 6MP file is 160" x 120". So I don't see why your 4MP go to poster size which we are talking about 30" x 20". :rolleyes: You just need to have/use the correct s/w to do it.

sykestang said:
That's a 4MP image source with 300DPI. Going to a S8R 8"x12" should not be a prob... however if you want bigger than that, like poster size, you'd need special software to 'blow' it up.

My biggest production from a 6MP file is 160" x 120". So I don't see why your 4MP go to poster size which we are talking about 30" x 20". :rolleyes: You just need to have/use the correct s/w to do it.

Multiple cuts to form a 160" x 120" or 1 singular piece of 160" x 120"?

So you guys mean using some software is able to blow the resolutions higher? without affecting the clarity?

Any software that you guys recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.