What is the best way to keep Velvia while backpacking???

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Encino

Hi

I would like to ask

1) what is the best way to keep Velvia well while going for a one or two months backpacking in australia or China?

2) Anyone went backpacking before to Aussie or China? Care to share yr encounters?

3) Anyone wanna going for backpacking in May or June 2004? I know it's a bit too early to ask...

Hope to see this thread growing...and fast!!! Thx

:embrass:

My habit is to carry a small cooler bag with me when I go for such trips. These bags are pretty easy to get at fishing gear store or at Carrefour (Coolman series). Some of them can be folded when you hv nothing in it, so save space. The guide should be get one that has silver foil lining in the interior.
Just my 2 cents.

they normally insulate very well like this especially if you stay in an air-con room.

ed

IT depends on the climate you'll be backpacking in.

Normally I'd use either of the methods desribed above, however there following can be used as an adjunct to the above methods.

Wrap each film pack in a couple of layers of aluminum foil before putting in backpack. Make sure the shiny side of the foil faces outwards. This helps reflect any heat from the film. Works a treat in hot climates.

When you've shot a roll of film, wrap the cannister in foil. This is an old trick used by Medium format photographers when shooting in rough country. Again it's to help prevent the film becoming heat effected.

Ian's small el-cheapo film cooler method that's good for 5-10 rolls of film at a time.

Use beer can coolers (those that you slide a can in to thingies). Wrap film cannisters in foil, then place in beer coolers, Put coolers in ziplock bags and bung in your backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.