What is the best way to get rid of mouth ulcers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
CNY just over,
ate a lot of goodies,
i have a heaty body which = to ulcer breakout!

it's really uncomfortable, is there any good and fast methods to get rid of them or to prevent them (other than drinking lotsa water)?

Today i counted 3, 1 on gum, 1 on tongue, 1 on upper lips, i got 2 mini ones at the tip of my tongue - just recovered..
I tried rubbing salt, applying medication, but it usually take a few days to go disappear.. :cry:

Then it's so irritating, it's hard to talk some times, especially bad if i'm meeting clients. :cry:

Get oracort.

Drink lots of water, apply the oracort before you sleep as well, I note that ulcers tend to grow when you sleep. So oracort would stop the growth and keep it at it's 'infant' stage.

I find salt very effective.:sweat:

soma said:
I find salt very effective.:sweat:

salt might not work well.. it might worsen it as it cos it to swell even more... best is get ulcer medicines..

zhang3feng said:
salt might not work well.. it might worsen it as it cos it to swell even more... best is get ulcer medicines..

Maybe it just work on my family.:p

i rem i once use the salt, it never turn better but worse... It grew bigger and hurt me for days...

Had ulcer on my lower lips...

Do drink more water...and cooling stuff. Ur body is too heaty..

soma said:
Maybe it just work on my family.:p

ya it's strange.. maybe some pple r more sensitive to salt?:dunno: so they heal with salt... i tried salt befoe.. and ouch.. it swell up even bigger and started to bleed *:sticktong ouch!*

zhang3feng said:
ya it's strange.. maybe some pple r more sensitive to salt?:dunno: so they heal with salt... i tried salt befoe.. and ouch.. it swell up even bigger and started to bleed *:sticktong ouch!*

er..you rub salt onto the ulcer huh.. wrong liao la..just mix the salt with water and rinse the mouth many time..:sweat:

soma said:
er..you rub salt onto the ulcer huh.. wrong liao la..just mix the salt with water and rinse the mouth many time..:sweat:

oh?!:eek: man!! then i must experience hell:bsmilie:

zhang3feng said:
oh?!:eek: man!! then i must experience hell:bsmilie:

Try using organic sea salt.. better. Just got ulcer week ago and after 2 rinse ok liao..:p

use kenelog or oracort, its a steriod based ulcer gel. usually takes about a day or two for the ulcer to recover straight after i use it. Very effective. If you want it to recover even faster. Use salt to clean the "white" area of the ulcer. you'll see a lil blood.
after that. apply the ulcer gel on it. that'll stop hurting by the next morning. ( well that works for me, dunno about you.) Cheers

try a gel called bonjela, you can get it from the pharmacy. Stings like crazy when you first put it on, but it works very well!

There is a kind of Chinese medicine in the form of a green powder. It has strong herbal taste with mint and quite bitter. I used to apply that to my ulcers and remember it being quite effective. Maybe you can check with Chinese medicine stores.

t.heng said:
try a gel called bonjela, you can get it from the pharmacy. Stings like crazy when you first put it on, but it works very well!

i use bonjela too, damn painful until tears also come out

works but not sure if there are better alternatives

redstone said:
Watermelon Frost.

Get it at chinese medical halls.

best :thumbsup: ........ other then that use mouth gaggle.... drink more water, herbal tea or fruit juice (a little salt) or more beer (serve as a cooling effect esp when add a little salt.. serious!)..

DT_ said:
best :thumbsup: ........ other then that use mouth gaggle.... drink more water, herbal tea or fruit juice (a little salt) or more beer (serve as a cooling effect esp when add a little salt.. serious!)..

I often get multiple ulcers and I have tried various remedy, from bonjela to "si gua xuang" but nothing seems to be as effectve as salt. :sweat:

knoxknocks said:
kenelog gel's the way to go!
Second to that! I get month ulcers at least twice a month after returning to Singapore. Kenelog is indeed the best ulcer medicine available. I find it a bit pricy though. ($10.50 at Guardian, $10.30 at Unity) Being a typical "Kiasu" Singaporean, I have a tube each at home, in my office and inside my attache.

The permanent way to get rid of month ulcer is to move to colder countries. Never once had an ulcer during my 8 years stay in the US. Cold sores are common, however.

Kenelog is the one! Bonjela not in the same league. If Kenalog doesnt work, nothing else will!

photobum said:
Second to that! I get month ulcers at least twice a month after returning to Singapore. Kenelog is indeed the best ulcer medicine available. I find it a bit pricy though. ($10.50 at Guardian, $10.30 at Unity)

The permanent way to get rid of month ulcer is to move to colder countries. Never once had an ulcer during my 8 years stay in the US. Cold sores are common, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.