What is the best time to go out for photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthEagle

Jan 18, 2004
Singapore
When is the best time to go out for a good shooting without having yourself sweating like crazy?

I tried 3pm to 4pm and it was totally hell for me.:confused: Maybe afternoon isn't for me.

If u find it too hot and crazy to shoot outdoor, then maybe u should change to shoot indoor or studio, got air-condition, no wind, drinking water, music, whatever.

Astin said:
If u find it too hot and crazy to shoot outdoor, then maybe u should change to shoot indoor or studio, got air-condition, no wind, drinking water, music, whatever.

I'm ok with the heat but probably I go out for shooting at the wrong time, it was so hot even I wore a cap and the colors aren't strong enough in some shots.

4pm onwards is good for me.

StealthEagle said:
When is the best time to go out for a good shooting without having yourself sweating like crazy?

I tried 3pm to 4pm and it was totally hell for me.:confused: Maybe afternoon isn't for me.

with your trusty tripod you can try 1730 to 1800 onwards thats a good time with nice lighting... maybe you need to worry long shadows coverign your subject of interest that can be quite frustrating haha.

I like to shoot between 18:00 to 19:30, I will get a great contrast if I play with the natural light well.

sedna888 said:
I like to shoot between 18:00 to 19:30, I will get a great contrast if I play with the natural light well.
Ya me too!

depends what you are shooting ..... scenery of course early morning or before dusk.

if you are going to consider the heat, of course I will prefer 7.30am to 11.00pm, and 4pm to 7pm. However still depending where is the location. I took pictures at Botanical Garden in the morning, I still need to push my ASA/ISO to around 400 - 800. Even at the Zoo, sometimes up to 1600. Due to the tree shade!!!

Therefore it takes many factors to consider....... depends on what you want ;)

Hya said:
I like the period between 7am - 10am and 5pm - 8pm

Yup this is the golden time when the light temperature is just rite and light is always at an angle which give you more "depth" and "texture" to your pictures.

the best time to go out for photography is when you feel inspired enough to do so :)

eikin said:
the best time to go out for photography is when you feel inspired enough to do so :)

:thumbsup:

Think that there is a price for good shots ... well, if we think that noon is a good time, then be prepared to sweat it out a bit under the hot sun to get the shot lor ... I like noon time for the saturation of the colours ... I like night time long-exposures shots, I also like dawn and dusk time for the colours of the sky ... every time of the day provides opportunity for a good shot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.