What is the best medicine against flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
I had been down with flu for about four days now. ;(

I am fed up coz I need to do some works soon.....any advise on how to get rid of my stuffy head, nose and lethargic body? :cry:

The doctor said there is no cure, except rest and more rest.... :(

Any alternative?

:sweat:

Lots of rest and water. Haha. :p

think the doc's right. the body's the one that could fight against the virus. u could be vaccinated against future attacks though.

Benign said:

I am fed up coz I need to do some works soon.....any advise on how to get rid of my stuffy head, nose and lethargic body? :cry:

Any alternative?

Too late (4 days) otherwise within 48 hrs can take Tamiflu.

Get yourself vaccinated the next time?

Otherwise too bad, juz gotta suffer a bit lah! :cry:

eat lotsa vit C !! best flu prevention method !

No cure for influenza. The doctor can only prescribe medication to relieve the symptoms caused by the virus. Just need to rest more and drink lots of fluids.

Take care.

trust me, good rest, sleep early, take 500mg of vitamin C, drink water, don't browse CS for 48 hours.

U don't need any medicine.

Natural prevention against flu - regular exercise, sufficient sleep, moderation in food consumption, water.

Rest and more rest. Don't stress yourself too much by trying to recover quickly. It will only make it worse! :)

Benign said:
Now the big question is can I take alcohol like vodka or wine? ;p

:hung: :mad2:

Aiyo! Buay ta han this guy!

seriously, if you are on medications espec antihistamines like the little yellow or blue tablet or clarinase etc. DON'T TAKE ALCOHOL. PERIOD. Don't put your life to the test leh.

:angry:

Haizz, after I took those blue tablets...antihistamine or watever..... :think:

It took almost two bloody hours to fall asleep....... :sticktong

I wonder Australia got sell fake drugs one or not laaah :eek:

eng_keow said:

seriously, if you are on medications espec antihistamines like the little yellow or blue tablet or clarinase etc. DON'T TAKE ALCOHOL. PERIOD. Don't put your life to the test leh.

:angry:

Benign,

why are you still on CS? should be resting......GO GO GO...!

eng_keow and street shooter are doctors......please listen to either one of them.

Never mix Alcohol with medicine.......but u can try and see. Log in 48 hours later just to make sure you are still alive.......:devil:

try take zinc...~15mcg...one key function of zinc is it helps with (speeds up) body recovery and healing. this you can easily find in about 6 oysters or one single pill..

after your cold gets better, you may find out about zinc's OTHER function..it boosts male er...sexuality if you get what i mean.

Benign said:

Any alternative?

Have you tried this:

"Laughter is the best medicine"

4 days is nothing

i been down for 2 and a half weeks + nonstop fever before..and some more that was when i was in army - less than ideal rest conditions.

looking back..on average will get flu every once a year

Status
Not open for further replies.