What is the best lens for taking potrait or wedding photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before he said he is using D80.. He could be using Canon mah. Or even film.

FF is full frame..

Indoor potrait recommended lens = ..........

Wedding photoshot recommended lens = .........

As others have said, it's a bit hard to just suggest a single lens for any given task, especially when they are also very broad subjects. For an indoor portrait... what type is it? A tight headshot, environmental portrait, under studio conditions, or ambient, amonst many other factors.

I'd also really hate to have to shoot a wedding on one lens, and there are also very few times that I haven't wished that I had brought another lens with me, in addition to the half a dozen or so that I will have brought. Weddings are about as varied a subject matter as you can come up with, and during the course of the day you could, if you wanted to, make use of every focal length from fisheye up through to super telephoto.

Thks guys for the tips...... shall post my pics for critics..... ;)

Then prepare for a blood bath.. haa haa.. Just kidding..

Dun scare him off lah... :bsmilie:

Will be waiting to see your shots. ;)

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice.... Will try out and post the pics soon.....:)

Is there truly anything as a "best lens"?

Most expensive and most attractive (to equipment wankers) lens perhaps.... I've used variants of a kit lens, superzooms, primes, and each lens serves a different purpose to me. Sometimes, it depends on my mood and what I feel like creating at the time. "Best lens".... nah, keep the term for someone else. *evil grin*

Status
Not open for further replies.