what is the best humidity range for DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meiping

May 22, 2008
hello! i currently own a canon 450D and i have a dry box.. however the humidity level in the dry box keeps fluctuating as the needle in the gauge is not stable. can you guys tell me which is the best range of humidity to store my camera? thanks :)

45-55% according to Digi Cabi instructions. However someone succesfully argued somewhere in CS that there isn't any "minumum value" as the lens lubricants aren't water based. I think most people (including myself) still tend to keep around 50% though.

Please DO A SEARCH in future...

this has been discussed countless times... 45 - 50% is safe

den is below 45-55% dangerous or better?

hello! i currently own a canon 450D and i have a dry box.. however the humidity level in the dry box keeps fluctuating as the needle in the gauge is not stable. can you guys tell me which is the best range of humidity to store my camera? thanks :)

Just keep it between 45-55%.

oh man my dry box cant seem to go up to 45%.. its always at 30% or below. i tink the adjusting knob got problem.. its okay thanks alot! :D

oh man my dry box cant seem to go up to 45%.. its always at 30% or below. i tink the adjusting knob got problem.. its okay thanks alot! :D

30% is really too low, unless you want to keep chinese medical herbs!

You need a minimum of 40%, otherwise the lubricants in your lenses will dry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.