What is the best camera phone right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
Hi friends
I am looking for a phone with a good camera, which can double up as a spare for my DSLR when the DSLR is too heavy, or simply as a backup.

I am quite disappointed with my Nokia E 71, so I want to explore getting a better camera.

It should still function as a phone easily, but PDA functions etc are not important. Lens quality, ease of use etc are the priority.

Thanks

get the LX3 instead if u dun nd to have the phone functions

Thanks, I have a point and shot, I want a phone / camera.

Hi friends
I am looking for a phone with a good camera, which can double up as a spare for my DSLR when the DSLR is too heavy, or simply as a backup.

I am quite disappointed with my Nokia E 71, so I want to explore getting a better camera.

It should still function as a phone easily, but PDA functions etc are not important. Lens quality, ease of use etc are the priority.

Thanks

Can try Motorola ZN5. Supposedly one of the phones with better camera functions.

I have one but I dun think the pic qty is good enough be a backup for ur DSLR, maybe not even good enough as PnS backup. I did not try other good camera phones before, so not sure how ZN5 compares to them.

The phone is real cool looking though.

SE C905 and the Samsung Innov8 are the best right now...

using n82 for awhile now. nottt bad. but slight chromatic aberrations. but 5mp, carl zeiss with adjustable modes, iso and all; who am i to complain? :)

Thanks guys, I will have a look, can anyone give me an indication of the prices to expect for the Samsung and SE?

Thanks

My vote goes to the Samsung Innov8 for 8mp, Omnia for 5mp and Nokia N82 with its Xenon flash.

Me? I'm waiting for 1st quarter 2009 when the better sensors come out.

My vote goes to the Samsung Innov8 for 8mp, Omnia for 5mp and Nokia N82 with its Xenon flash.

Me? I'm waiting for 1st quarter 2009 when the better sensors come out.

I'd take the 905... 8MP AND Xenon flash. ;)

Maybe can look at photos taken by these cameraphones in flickr.

Personally I think based on the current technology currently in the market, even the worst PnS (current models from the major brands) are better than the best Camera Phone currently in the market... Any thoughts anyone? :think:

Personally I think based on the current technology currently in the market, even the worst PnS (current models from the major brands) are better than the best Camera Phone currently in the market... Any thoughts anyone? :think:

Not really. I feel they are comparable. :) Besides maybe noise control? P&S are not too very good either though.

Not really. I feel they are comparable. :) Besides maybe noise control? P&S are not too very good either though.

Aside from IQ (which PnS have a bigger sensor size than Camera phone), most camera phone don't zoom.... Shutter Lag & low flash output... is another problem with Camera Phone.

If you disagree, maybe you can suggest a new camera phone (best) and a new PnS (worst from the major vendor) and we could put it in a vote? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.