What is the appropriate amount in angbaos to give for wedding dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most would give enough to cover the cost for per pax in a table... ranges from about 80 per pax to 200 max... (hyatt open air garden weddings charges about $150-200 per head)

bottom line is u dun want ur friend to "lose" money... at least he can break even lar...

find out the price per table (after the +++), divide by 10 and round off $10

remember to write your name else they will be guessing who gave which ang pow

Eat first, then give ang bao. If food nice, give more; else give less. :devil:

CC, Cash or Nets. Sir? :bsmilie:

none....

give signed blank cheque...for the couple to sign and charge to you :p

if they are your best friends they won't make u dry and will be reasonable....

if they are your worst friends, u'don't have to worry can always kill the cheque :p

heheheh

haiz...i surely hope my friends will be reasonable by checking out the cost/table :p
LOL!

I think most would give enough to cover the cost for per pax in a table... ranges from about 80 per pax to 200 max... (hyatt open air garden weddings charges about $150-200 per head)

bottom line is u dun want ur friend to "lose" money... at least he can break even lar...

For Hyatt open air types, i was told the hotel also reserve a function room in case it rains. hence its like booking for two venues, hence more expensive.

I got 4 missing angbao. 2 are from my side.

Sadly, I know who they are.

If you really dun feel like paying, just reject and say u r busy tat day to attend.

Just be sensible and avoid paying just $20 or $50 to attend dinner at a hotel where a table

for 10 costs ard 800++

:)

Agree. Which was I upfront told the couple I wasn't going (casual acquaintance only what- I was wondering why they invited me 1st place)
Then I got to know someone who gave $14 at the dinner - super cheapo.

For Hyatt open air types, i was told the hotel also reserve a function room in case it rains. hence its like booking for two venues, hence more expensive.
yes, hotel will have a back up for outdoor venue during bad weather.

Agree. Which was I upfront told the couple I wasn't going (casual acquaintance only what- I was wondering why they invited me 1st place)
you are invited to make up the enough head counts to book the dinner venue.

giving $14 might as well dun go...so inauspicious to have the "4" in wedding angbaos..

My gf went for her colleagues wedding dinner, they din give angbao but a few of them shared the cost and gave a necklace instead...come up to about $100 per person...they said giving a gift is more personal.. :bsmilie: I was wondering if the couple had prefer a gift or angbao money..

and..Is it common practice for wedding couples to actually note down who gave how much? :think:

My gf went for her colleagues wedding dinner, they din give angbao but a few of them shared the cost and gave a necklace instead...come up to about $100 per person...they said giving a gift is more personal.. :bsmilie: I was wondering if the couple had prefer a gift or angbao money..

and..Is it common practice for wedding couples to actually note down who gave how much? :think:
yes, so next time know how to return favor.

cash is preferable, cos need to off set the dinner expenses, I know of some couples, their parents promised to top up the amount if the collections angbaos is insufficient, so the couple ask their friends and colleagues to give gift instead of cash, then the couple can pocket more goodies and to make parents pay for dinner.

$100 would be a good figure.

Once heard a colleague got a $14 red packet from another colleague when the dinner reception was in Le Merdien in Orchard Rd this year!

Now all of us knows how much to give to that colleague when it's her own turn. HeHe!
$14 is not a good number too! she got an axe to grind is it?

so speaking of which how do you usually sign your name and what do you usually write in the guest sign in book at the reception beside the most common words like congtatulations... all the best... etc etc... any better and more memoriable ones?

so speaking of which how do you usually sign your name and what do you usually write in the guest sign in book at the reception beside the most common words like congtatulations... all the best... etc etc... any better and more memoriable ones?

Try some chinese ones...永结同心、白头到老:bsmilie:

if you are a student and not having any source of income, maybe ~$50 would suffice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.