What is the appropriate amount in angbaos to give for wedding dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blowblue

Jan 20, 2007
Lemme know what it is. Thnx

$888. :thumbsup:

80 - 100 for normal frens
More for closer frens.

also depend on the venue,
hotel, higher
restaurant, lower

base on the table cost, divided by 10, top up a little.

give twenty dollars and write your friend's name.
and who is going to write your name on their's? if no one, then you paid $20 extra for your friend [and your firend (the bride/bridegroom) will appreciate your friend]; and they would think that you just ate a "free" meal! in any way, you got a free meal, but a bad reputation. and if you plan to get a bad reputation, might as well don't give and have a free meal!

If okay friend, $88
If good friend, $100
If kena-drag-along-cos-got-no-choice-due-to-office-political-considerations, maybe $50.

or I take MC. :p

thanks synapseman and nisa!

some people give just enough to cover costs (can range from $80-120 per pax now given the price inflation of banquet! hotels been rising the prices). others "return" the amount that was given for their own.

this is so hard to reply

from what i remember it also depends on the venue, besides closeness to couple

if you are going to some 5 star hotel, versus going to a lassup place.. i doubt anyone would find it easy to give a nominal fee either

$100 would be a good figure.

Once heard a colleague got a $14 red packet from another colleague when the dinner reception was in Le Merdien in Orchard Rd this year!

Now all of us knows how much to give to that colleague when it's her own turn. HeHe!

The market rate for 5* hotels these days are around $100. That's because the tables are very expensive. If it's some lapsap restaurant, then give less.

$100 would be a good figure.

Once heard a colleague got a $14 red packet from another colleague when the dinner reception was in Le Merdien in Orchard Rd this year!

Now all of us knows how much to give to that colleague when it's her own turn. HeHe!

I got 4 missing angbao. 2 are from my side.

Sadly, I know who they are.

If you really dun feel like paying, just reject and say u r busy tat day to attend.

Just be sensible and avoid paying just $20 or $50 to attend dinner at a hotel where a table

for 10 costs ard 800++

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.