What is that black spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Physical-Graffiti

Aug 24, 2004
I have just uploaded some pictures and found this black spot appearing in the pictures.

it gets darker at f8. I am using a canon a80 :think:

issit a CCD problem ?

IMG_6389.jpg

this is the f8 one...

looks like dust on your ccd or lens. :eek:

oh no ... what should I do ? bring it to the canon serivce centre or to the place I got my camera?

almost a year I had this camera already... And HOW on earth did dust get in there? I have been keeping it in a dry canbinet and mostly carrying it around in a lowepro d-res 20aw (must be the furry inside of the casing) :think:

tat depends... its really so damn small a piece of dust imho... cos the A80 sensor is kinda small... and to us DSLR users... 1 speck of dust that our human eye can't see, may be as big as a mold on a model's face in closeup.

best bet is bring your A80 to the service centre, might charge you for CCD cleaning fee... and also servicing fee.

oh okay thanks

erm...wheres the service centre located? :sweatsm:

issit at harbour front ? and do I have to bring other stuff like the reciept ..etc

thanks

just sent it in this afternoon

Black spot could be dust but...
How about white spot ? I do encounter too ? :sweat:

using a A80? i'm surprised prosumer camera can get dust on ccd problem, there's no changing of lens involved how can dust get into the camera body? :dunno:

Not really, am using the Fuji 602Z and had the same problem recently. Dust got in, probably thru the lens barrel. Had to send to Fuji for CCD cleaning, cost me $63..

Status
Not open for further replies.