what is shutter count?

shao89

Nov 20, 2010
hi all..basically i'm new to DSLR..and i'm looking for sec hand DSLR..i'm interested on SONY a300..but can anyone enlighten me what is shutter count?and what is SONY a300 shutter count?thanks lots!

Hi, welcome to CS . . .

shuttle count is the total number of photos that is being taken by the camera itself. (the total number of shuttle that is being pressed)

normally the lower the better . . . if you are getting it as a 2nd hand . . .

hi all..basically i'm new to DSLR..and i'm looking for sec hand DSLR..i'm interested on SONY a300..but can anyone enlighten me what is shutter count?and what is SONY a300 shutter count?thanks lots!

Shutter count is the number of shutter actuations the camera has gone through, meaning how many times the shutter has operated. I'm not sure how many actuations the a300 is rated for though.

oh..but wad is the life span of shutter count for sony a300?thanks. :)

shutter count is a counter that counts how many times the shutter has been pressed since it left the factory, Depends on the model, the expected life of the shutter mechanism is around 100,000 to 150,000. But that does not means after 100,000 actuation, the shutter will fail. It is just an estimate similar to the hard disk MTBF (mean time between failure). When the shutter mechanism fails, you will need to get it replace from the service centre.

wow..having a hobby on DSLR really needs a gd knowledge..hahas..but usually the shutter count reach tat amount does i need to bring it for service?and where?

wa..i think i really need to study more on DSLR..becos i'm still a noob..haha..but is Sony a300 a gd model for newbie?

okie..thanks for all the info guys..appreciate it. :)

go to the store to try out the cameras . . . nothing beats your feel on the camera . . . ;)

okie..thanks for all the info guys..appreciate it. :)

The A300 is an older model, but still a very good camera. If you can stretch your busget a little bit more, a second-hand A500 or even A550 would be better.

The shutter count is, essentially, how many pictures the camera has already taken. You should just keep on shooting, don't worry. The only time you need to bring it to the service centre is when it stops working.