ok serious serious

i see that everybody loves my pictures :bsmilie:

denniskee - from prosumer to dslr from my experience

prosumer only have f/8, 30 seconds exposure

sometimes cannot capture nightscene

also cannot capture starburst effect :(

can only shoot in jpg

not wide enoguh

if you're talking about moving up from a entry level to midrange or prolevel dslr

then probably iso limitations, shutter speed limitations, features such as special modes la, flash control.. you get what i mean?

LOL.

I know what you are referring to. That joker is quite funny. Like cannot make up his mind...:dunno:

if you're talking about moving up from a entry level to midrange or prolevel dslr

then probably iso limitations, shutter speed limitations, features such as special modes la, flash control.. you get what i mean?

sorry, i did make it clear.

i mean for example

1) from 3digit canon body to 2digit body or 2digit to a pro body

2) maintain the "grade" but newer model, eg 30d to 40d...

to me, personally, outgrow means it cant give you want you want (as per what has been stated), so upgrading / buying newer body, the photo must improve. may not be applicable to everybody.

i just out of curiosity, everybody ask yourself this question, did it happen when you upgrade?

to me, personally, outgrow means it cant give you want you want (as per what has been stated), so upgrading / buying newer body, the photo must improve. may not be applicable to everybody.

i just out of curiosity, everybody ask yourself this question, did it happen when you upgrade?

:think:

but the photo might not improve

just that you might get more variety? :dunno:

below is only my opinion

1) for those interested in land/cityscape, iso, shutter speed and burst rate not important. we use tripod with cable release and long exposure. not some more got hdr (which in someway, reduce the exposure latitude that cmos and ccd have).

2) shooting model requires high burst rate? need high iso? need high shutter speed? (i am referring to all the kind of model shoot we have here in CS)

3) street candid - i thought having a fast lens (big aperture and usm/hsm etc) is more important than iso, shutter speed and burst rate?

edited :

i have been using EOS D60 for afew years now, still cant say i outgrow the camera cause i dont have a wee bit confident that a "better" camera will make me make better photos.

dam, i must be a very lousy photographer even at hobby level only.

edit again :

than again, at least when people say my photo lousy, i put the blame on the camera lor. ha ha ha.

there is also image quality and megapixels to consider, you cannot forget that :)

when a body is updated, usually the IQ in terms of noise control will improve

and most higher entry models retain the IQ levels with more detail :)

that said, a lot of people upgrade for the sake of upgrading.. to be honest, like me also, i want to get a k20d while modding my k100d to ir-only. :)

I don't know whether did i outgrow my camera.

My first DSLR is D80 and upgrade to D300 in 1 year.

The main reason of the upgrade is main for the noise control and IQ.
D80, i only try to use ISO200 to ISO400
D300, i can easily use ISO400 to ISO800 and sometime ISO1000

I mainly doing macro and sometime i really need a little more speed to counter slight motion blur.

hmmm... my definition of 'outgrow' would be when your requirements and skill can no longer be met by your current camera, then you've outgrown it.

to tell you honestly, i don't think i've outgrown any of my cameras. my old F801 still does everything i want, so does my X700, he*k even my T3 is still very capable. but i've upgraded to a dslr because i got just a wee bit tired of sending film out for developing, scanning and post processing. with the dslr, i skip the 1st two steps.

to tell you honestly, i don't think i've outgrown any of my cameras. my old F801 still does everything i want, so does my X700, he*k even my T3 is still very capable. but i've upgraded to a dslr because i got just a wee bit tired of sending film out for developing, scanning and post processing. with the dslr, i skip the 1st two steps.

Oh ya, Nikon F801 is a nice camera with almost all the function one need.

Love to hear the shutter sound of my old F801s during monthly maintenance.

hmmm... my definition of 'outgrow' would be when your requirements and skill can no longer be met by your current camera, then you've outgrown it.

but i dont think that qualify as "up grading", i love digital as it save me lots of money from the film and processing.

frankly, camera is just a toy to most ppl... if wanna upgrade then by all means upgrade within ur means..

just like buying cars, although their old old lao pok pok car can still move, ppl will still wanna upgrade. They just like the feeling of using new things, fondling with new functions etc.

but seriously, do you think it is more of "wants" than "needs"?

there is no such thing as a want or need, everything in the world is a want. Humans are greedy and that is why nikon sales are going up and up every quarter.

at first u use ur newbie level cam to start off photography, then u realise that "oh man, the 3 fps cannot make it for wat i like to shoot. I need 10fps to shoot my kind of things!!!" or "oh man, my 6mp cam can only print till A4 size, i need a cam that can shoot A0 so i can photograph my family and paste on the living room wall"

look at these statements, it is easy to see that one can happily convert a want into a need and make it seem that there is really a need to get something.

Status
Not open for further replies.