What is mounted on a black mounting board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
Some competitions require the participant to mount the photographs on a mounting board.

Can anyone explain to me this process? And where can these mounting boards be bought at?

Thanks so much! :D

yeah i'd love to know. the sypa competition did mention something like this...

Spray Mount is glue in a spray can. This is so the glue can be applied thinly and evenly. Often used for mounting artwork. Easily available at bookshops and art shops. Normally known as 'spray adhesive'.

actually there's a frames shop that also have mounting services in Holland V. Quality is not bad and I use them for my projects. Can't remember the name but it's near Coffee Club. Can check it out. It's $4.50 per piece IIRC. :)

Be very careful of the type of spray mounting adhesive you use. Make sure it is photo-safe. I use 3M Photo Spray Mount.

how about some pics of how it actually looks like? im quite blur about it..:sweatsm:

metallilan said:
how about some pics of how it actually looks like? im quite blur about it..:sweatsm:
It looks like the normal 3M spray mount, except the label on the aerosol can is yellow instead of red. It will say on the can 3M Photo Spray Mount.

i think he is asking how the final output will look like. hmm. if like this, I think i wd go to the one at Holland V do ONE. see the final product.

then next time can learn to do by myself. haha

germ_boi said:
i think he is asking how the final output will look like. hmm. if like this, I think i wd go to the one at Holland V do ONE. see the final product.

then next time can learn to do by myself. haha

wah if 4.50 a piece then the sypa need 6 pics ... :sweatsm: about $27 leh..heh. i will try diy'ing one if i can... :bsmilie:

for the 3m spray mount

http://www.3m.com/us/mfg_industrial/adhesives/framing/html/scotch6094.jhtml

photomnt.jpg

1. print photo
2. spray spray mount on the back of photo
3. stick photo on mounting board
4. cut mounting board to size

done
simple right?

ortega said:
1. print photo

done
simple right?
Sounds simple enough!

Thanks Ortega!

If you want to mount your prints and make them archival, in my opinion, spray mount is not the way to go.

Anyone here dry mounts on 4 ply, 100% rag matt board? Or anyone know where I can get some? I have tried Bras Basah and all i got were funny looks.

germ_boi said:
nah.

im mounting them for a competition. :)

same same here. so all i need to do is get that spray can, spray the back of my print, then paste to a cardboard or somemthing, cut to size.. correct? :)

ortega said:
1. print photo

done
simple right?

Status
Not open for further replies.