What is it that keep your photography enthusiasm alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
I have been shooting for 2.5 years...and before taking up photography I have never touch (get in contact) a proper camera, taking pictures was never in my mind. Then on Christmas 2006, my sister bought her first camera the SONY H5 and from then on, I started to find the camera is an awesome tool for people who can't draw/paint a proper picture, like me.

It's been 2.5 years now, and I feel that I have reached a plateau....

So I would like to hear from CSer(s) on how they keep their passion alive and where do they get inspiration from...

P.S. I am only a photography enthusiast (photography is not my full-time job) :)

I have been shooting for 2.5 years...and before taking up photography I have never touch (get in contact) a proper camera, taking pictures was never in my mind. Then on Christmas 2006, my sister bought her first camera the SONY H5 and from then on, I started to find the camera is an awesome tool for people who can't draw/paint a proper picture, like me.

So I would like to hear from CSer(s) on how they keep their passion alive and where do they get inspiration from...

P.S. I am only a photography enthusiast (photography is not my full-time job) :)

Passion.
A word used by many.
But a word forgotten by all.
For whence forth we begin,
With no end in sight.
A burning flame
A desire to paint with light.

For everything that we see
There is something that we do not.
Find that spark,
To ignite the throes of passion.
To write a poem with light,
To create an image we envision.

The inspiration comes from with in
More than with out.
For my inspiration is to capture beauty
In the light which I see.
To capture the essence,
To capture the time.

Go overseas trips. I'm always excited about overseas trips when I have the chance cause there will be a good reason to bring the camera along!

Bring a light setup WHEREVER you go, I bring my D90 + 50 prime out during weekends (weekday cannot cause i working in jurong island). Good for on the go shots when i'm out with friends or family.

Go and read photography magazines and books, i always wait at the central national library for my gf to knock off work. So will be there browsing them. Very good source of inspiration.

Lastly, I also browse through others' flickr sites on locations or subjects that I've shoot before. It is to see how others shoot, whether good and bad.

er.... whats a "proper camera" ah?:confused:

didnt know camera got proper and improper one, thought only film and digital plus different format?:think::think:

i've reached a point where no camera can ever take what i wanna picture... or it will take more than luck, ti gong, and the toms, dicks, and harry fairies to make a nice pic...

so i went ahead to do CG... still at the very basic... basic modelling, rendering... etc... apply what i learn from photography and throw it in...

didnt know camera got proper and improper one, thought only film and digital plus different format?:think::think:

maybe he stylo 1... he can pull the film out and roll it back in less than 1 sec and also make a full rotation together... then when he develop, it is a multi layer panoramic shot. :thumbsup:

Go overseas trips. I'm always excited about overseas trips when I have the chance cause there will be a good reason to bring the camera along!

Bring a light setup WHEREVER you go, I bring my D90 + 50 prime out during weekends (weekday cannot cause i working in jurong island). Good for on the go shots when i'm out with friends or family.

Go and read photography magazines and books, i always wait at the central national library for my gf to knock off work. So will be there browsing them. Very good source of inspiration.

Lastly, I also browse through others' flickr sites on locations or subjects that I've shoot before. It is to see how others shoot, whether good and bad.

Thanks for sharing, Bro.

"improper", I am referring to camera phone....You think too much...

i've reached a point where no camera can ever take what i wanna picture... or it will take more than luck, ti gong, and the toms, dicks, and harry fairies to make a nice pic...

so i went ahead to do CG... still at the very basic... basic modelling, rendering... etc... apply what i learn from photography and throw it in...

Hmmm...interesting. maybe can think of branching out to another aspect of Arts...

Thanks for sharing.

Right ....Passion

I have been a commercial photographer since 1983...from film to digital
I shoot commercial to support my family..2 boys & a girl + my wife.
My hobby is photography & I shoot during my free time for myself.
Learn to appreciate things in your daily life...colour, shapes, patterns etc. I think this will help

Last edited:

"improper", I am referring to camera phone....You think too much...

alamak, that one consider digital camera lar.

well, the camera phones are quite good nowadays with many features from camera. the only exception is changing of lens but what will they(phone makers) think of next.

for me, i indulge in a certain genre like landscape than move on to another. each genre would take about 2 years. this way, it'll give more fruitful results in your photography.

there will also be times when you upgrade your gear and you find new areas to explore not possible before like FF or higher fps.

sometime going back to basics like film is a great way to appreciate photography.

the bottomline is passion and interest in a topic or subject to keep you going a long way.

for me, i get my inspiration by appreciating other ppl's work and my a times it got my interest to shoot something like that but not necessary copycat stuff as sometimes i fail.

the ability to tell people what i see, what i feel, without having to say a single word.

that does it for me.

that and the fact that i get to play with my subjects sometimes.. cats anyways, not models..

Join the feet fetish club

image010-1.jpg

A plateau in 2.5 years?

I have been shooting for over 25 years, and I still have not found any plateau whatsoever. It's still uphill.

If you have to ask for suggestion to kindle your passion about photography, you do not have the passion. That is perfectly fine, it's ok to be a casual photographer, most people falls into this category.

i like to see how people create pictures and learn to do it myself, in this about the same time as you too bro, sometimes shooting things that are 'overkill', like many said, going back to the basics can be very very interesting all over again really! :D

I concur, photography is a journey and not a destination.

A plateau in 2.5 years?

I have been shooting for over 25 years, and I still have not found any plateau whatsoever. It's still uphill.

If you have to ask for suggestion to kindle your passion about photography, you do not have the passion. That is perfectly fine, it's ok to be a casual photographer, most people falls into this category.

I have one more idea bro...join a missions trip and be the missions' photographer. Can do up a photojournalistic project, make a book. Its one of my dreams for photography...

Status
Not open for further replies.