What is it that keep your photography enthusiasm alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, you got a good set of photo....you might want to change your genre or way of shooting. :)

Start a project, and shoot accordance to your theme might help too.

For me, i had been shoot almost everyday and editing photo like hell........nowi slow down a bit and start to return to film.....giving some space for myself.

Always remember how you felt when you first got your camera.....and keep that fire burning.

Last edited:
Hrrmm... wouldn't say I'm particularly enthusiastic abt photography but photos do make me happy. Whether they're taken by me or somebody else. For me it's kinda a of form of self expression I guess. Some people blog to "document" their life.. I well.. take pictures. So it's an on going thingy. :)

It kept my enthu alive when I surf pictures on flickr.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments.

There are some very helpful comments:
  • Going back to basic
  • Appreciate things that are most familiar to us and see them in a different light
  • Yup, photography is a journey
  • Enough the interaction with the subject (can be cats or stones too :)
  • Do more research to gain inspiration and try out other genre

Well, at this point, I want to find my style that defines me from other photographers....so what is my style...that people remember me as lunas the photographer....

Another question:
What is your style that defines you?

er.... whats a "proper camera" ah?:confused:

didnt know camera got proper and improper one, thought only film and digital plus different format?:think::think:
to some people, is only two types of camera in their eyes.......

pro camera or no camera. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I still enjoy photography after nearly 2.5 years. Maybe because I still haven't not capture the things I wanted.

A plateau in 2.5 years?

I have been shooting for over 25 years, and I still have not found any plateau whatsoever. It's still uphill.
you are lucky ... there are photographers who started 25 years ago .... and it has been a downhill since then ..... and they are still enjoying the shooting :bsmilie::sweatsm::sweat:

Don't be so hardcore. Don't every weekend also must go out shooting. Every time take photos, will get sian one.

Take a break from photography, do something else. Then after a while, you will get hungry again.

Don't be so hardcore. Don't every weekend also must go out shooting. Every time take photos, will get sian one.

Take a break from photography, do something else. Then after a while, you will get hungry again.

True true. Anything do everyday also will get sian.

Been in photography for 4 years, what kept me going is the subjects that I am shooting or want to shoot. Going back to places that I had went before for a different perspective is one of the things I do.

But so much so on photography, I am doing CG Effects, 3D & 2D animation, videography and traditional art (i.e. painting) which play a part in my photography journey now.

All these happen to me within the past 1.5 years. From a well-trained IT personnel to go full fledged into arts. Many thought I am crazy. Haha! :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Well, at this point, I want to find my style that defines me from other photographers....so what is my style...that people remember me as lunas the photographer....

I remember you as Lunas with an eye for life going on around us in SG.
And you applied abstract element to your shots, which make your work stands out and not just see anything, shoot anything and label it as "Streets".

As per suggested by others, try out other genres.
And if you are doing so (i remember you do abstracts, macros and landscapes too), see if there is any way to improve further on it lor.

I seldom shoot streets nowadays also. And i also realise recently, my technical knowledge pretty sucks. So yea, so there is always room for improvement. :)

Many Thanks for all who have shared their view.

I guess in the past I have been always on the safe side...shooting what I am most familiar with. Last Saturday, I am out of my comfort zone and tried something new that I have never done before. Here is the link - Click here. The images ain't perfect but one day it will ;)

Like what night86mare mentioned, having a vision. Yes, I have defined my vision and I do hope that it can propel me to the next level.

Photography is indeed a journey that one can never stop learning. I guess that I may have thought that I have done almost all but in fact it is just a small fraction of what photography really is.

And like what some bros have shared, well one day with this skill we can even branch out to digital animation / painting / design...(Thanks for sharing.)

It's 闭关修炼 (close door training, hehe )time for me. Yup, Yapster... ;)

good that this type of thread pop out once in awhile. :)

good that this type of thread pop out once in awhile. :)

Right.

I just hate times when I go into "auto pilot mode"...time for some reflection...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.