What is in the Standard Package for Nikon D40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

facetious2000

Dec 19, 2007
Hi all,

I'm intending to get my bf a Nikon D40 kit lens as a surprise gift. However i'm a total noob at photography. I've read the price guide and list of reputable shops but need to ask a few more questions:

1) what is in the standard package? e.g. batteries, case? I need to check through the items b4 i leave the shop
2) do i need to get any accessories or can these wait later? e.g. SB-400 & Dry cabi.
3) is the standard warranty 1 or 2 years?

thanks for your kind attention!

Thanks, Flipfreak! any ideas on the warranty?

I'm intending to get my bf a Nikon D40 kit lens as a surprise gift.

I presume you include the camera body also? :bsmilie:

Do take note that cameras are a very "personal" thing, so one man's poison may be another man's meat. Though there is no such thing as a perfect camera, one will try as much as possible to find a camera that "matches" his/her specifications (oh yeah, just like BGR thingy).

If your bf has expressed (or hinted) interests in photography, or better still, longed for a D40, then this camera would be a surefire way to blow his mind... just remember to be his model!

PS: And no need any accessories like flash or dry boxes for now... ask him to buy 'em himself!

So nice of u to buy yr bf photography equipments. My wife never bother to spend a single cents on these for me.:cry::cry:

So nice of u to buy yr bf photography equipments. My wife never bother to spend a single cents on these for me.:cry::cry:

Before Marriage, After Marriage... *sigh*
The only way left is to get a gf who's into photography! :)

I presume you include the camera body also? :bsmilie:

Do take note that cameras are a very "personal" thing, so one man's poison may be another man's meat. Though there is no such thing as a perfect camera, one will try as much as possible to find a camera that "matches" his/her specifications (oh yeah, just like BGR thingy).

If your bf has expressed (or hinted) interests in photography, or better still, longed for a D40, then this camera would be a surefire way to blow his mind... just remember to be his model!

PS: And no need any accessories like flash or dry boxes for now... ask him to buy 'em himself!

yar i'm most afraid of buying him something that he doesn't like. so i've done alot of 'research' and subtle prodding before i confirmed that this nikon d40 is the one he wants. Hehehe.

So the dry cabinet can wait till later right? Fungus won't grow so quickly like within a few days?

Hehe me and my bf a bit weird weird. We'll splurge on gifts for each other but when we want to buy something for ourselves, we usually must think twice first.

I'm sure your wife does other non-monetary things for you to show how much she loves you lah!

Before Marriage, After Marriage... *sigh*
The only way left is to get a gf who's into photography! :)

yar i think so too..before and after marriage totally different ah!

yar i'm most afraid of buying him something that he doesn't like. so i've done alot of 'research' and subtle prodding before i confirmed that this nikon d40 is the one he wants. Hehehe.

So the dry cabinet can wait till later right? Fungus won't grow so quickly like within a few days?

Good that you've done your research and homeworks. If it's the D40 he has been eyeing, then drop him subtle hints that you'll take care of his wishes - lest you end up with 2 D40s!

Yes, the dry cabinet can wait, a camera is not a piece of damp bread, you won't have fungus sprouting out of the lens in days!

Wishing your bf a happy birthday too... well he'd better be! ;)

... well he'd better be! ;)
:bsmilie:

haiz....why my gf never hint to me about f2.8 lenses...

oh btw, make sure D40, sekali mix up he want 40D.

Good afternoon! I just got an e-quote from Florence at MS Colour. She quoted me $790 (excl GST) for Nikon D40 kit with 2 GB SD card and nikon tripod. The freebies are the same as what Nikon is giving away in their x'mas promotion. After GST, it'll be $845.30. Good price?

Good afternoon! I just got an e-quote from Florence at MS Colour. She quoted me $790 (excl GST) for Nikon D40 kit with 2 GB SD card and nikon tripod. The freebies are the same as what Nikon is giving away in their x'mas promotion. After GST, it'll be $845.30. Good price?

I think it is a good price, I bought it 3 week ago, and the price was 920 with everything above plus a Nikon bag,UV filter, screen Protection, same shop ,by the way.
Scars

Hi scars, would the nikon bag + UV filter+ screen protector add up to the $74.70 price difference? Though i'm not sure if the UV filter or screen protector is required at this point in time.

Do you know the price of the Nikon bag on its own? I forgot about getting a bag as well.

Hi scars, would the nikon bag + UV filter+ screen protector add up to the $74.70 price difference? Though i'm not sure if the UV filter or screen protector is required at this point in time.

Do you know the price of the Nikon bag on its own? I forgot about getting a bag as well.

52mm UV filter is about $15, screen protector about $10. You can press for a lower price with your camera purchase.
Bags, batteries, boxes... leave those to your bf! If not very soon he'll be asking you to develop the photos! :bsmilie:

52mm UV filter is about $15, screen protector about $10. You can press for a lower price with your camera purchase.
Bags, batteries, boxes... leave those to your bf! If not very soon he'll be asking you to develop the photos! :bsmilie:

Six-GHz, yar i think i'm spoiling him too much. My birthday gift better be good! Hehe.

Thanks, Six-Ghz.

agree with Six-GHz on this one. just get the camera with the memory cards i think would suffice. he might want to choose his own bag, tripod etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.