What is causing this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjosephtbr

Feb 3, 2014
Singapore
Helping a friend to post. What is causing this. IS it just chromatic abberation? It happens in almost all of his photos.

$11893732_963646207014868_5526845360551632734_o.jpg

What camera body is he using? Could be that the shutter did not fully open. Look into the camera without the lens and using a slower shutter speed, trip the shutter.

What camera body is he using? Could be that the shutter did not fully open. Look into the camera without the lens and using a slower shutter speed, trip the shutter.

hes using a 50D and a 18-135 IS STM

look at the Navigator screen on the top left, it is only show up a small part of the whole image, unlikely due to shutter issue, more like a sensor issue.

Can you share the entire JPG and circle the area you are most concerned about in MS Paint? Only in that shared image I can see numerous issues, with chromatic aberration just being one.

That big rectangular shaped thing looks like a reflection of some sort.

Helping a friend to post. What is causing this. IS it just chromatic abberation? It happens in almost all of his photos.

View attachment 8953

something tells me you edited this photo and you block off 5/6 of the whole preview image on the top left corner to prevent us from seeing the whole photo? Including the bottom part of lightroom that feature a roll of photos. Yes?

You are not doing a good job explaining clearly what in particularly is wrong in the photo and why you think it is a chromatic aberration.. And which part in that photo is the chromatic aberration.

I see something that look like a black cloth drape over a pedestal covered with cut glass bits glued all over the black cloth and some white floral 'whatever' laces or cloth bunting that is shot thru reflective window glass. If you can not show the whole photo like some secret project. then how are we suppose to help ? We are not mind readers.

If the whole series of the same shots taken in sequence show the same thing then I guess it is a reflection of something on the glass you shot thru. something tells me you are shooting a product display window.

Last edited:
reflection from tinted window

... so TS are you going to enlighten us on the comments made in this thread?

Last edited:
... so TS are you going to enlighten us on the comments made in this thread?

sorry i tried asking him but he does not want to show the entire image. Its a photo of a a person wearing a costume taken at gardens by the bay.he does not to follow up on this thread either so no point. Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.