What is a photo and what is a photographer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wootsk

Deregistered
Aug 12, 2007
Small Island
This is just a normal thread to ask this question in this pool of shooter here as recently, one of my friend told me that there are alot of non-photographer carrying DSLR walking around shooting. My POV is a photographer who takes photo? It is only how good or bad the photographer is from the shooter and other POV.

So how do you define a photographer?
I am expecting to hear something from goat...:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

I am a photoshopographer :embrass:

This is just a normal thread to ask this question in this pool of shooter here as recently, one of my friend told me that there are alot of non-photographer carrying DSLR walking around shooting. My POV is a photographer who takes photo? It is only how good or bad the photographer is from the shooter and other POV.

I don't really understand, can you rephrase it?

I think is asking what's the difference between a non-poser photographer (err... functional photographer is a better term?) and a poser photographer.

Straight from the goat's mouth!
I see, if this is the question....

My reply: I can't be bother about others, I would rather spend the time refine my craft than differentiate who is who.

GoatBraces.jpg

BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT BLEAT

If it is so important to you be a named as a photographer, print tonnes of name card of yourself and distribute in all HDB estate.

If it is so important to you be a named as a photographer, print tonnes of name card of yourself and distribute in all HDB estate.

I don't think that's the issue. The issue is LOOK pro at all times, not to give cards when people ask you if you are pro.

For this, I understand
1. very very big cameras with
2. very very big lens and
3. very very long hoods with
4. very very big bags (need two)
5. a photographer vest plus
6. one goat

will normally do the trick. I can see Riotvan is already up there with #6.

Wow.. nowadays.. you can't even go around carrying a camera/dslr without people saying things about you. Who cares about being labeled a poseur or not. They got money to burn, they can afford it, they like to camwhore with an expensive camera/dslr, it doesn't matter. If people wanna think that owning a dslr/camera instantly gave them the status of a pro photographer, so be it. No one cares in short. My wife has a dslr and you know what she shoot? Her cakes and tarts that she bakes every week. Is she a photographer? She doesn't think so. When she brings it out, she shoots cats and dogs for the love of it. What mode you ask? Auto. :bsmilie:

A photographer=someone who takes pictures.

The above is true theoretically.

But practically, it's up to each person's own POV.

A photographer is a person who takes photographs using a camera. A professional photographer uses photography to earn money whilst amateur photographers take photographs for pleasure and to record an event, emotion, place or person.

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.