What is a MUA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspere

Jul 27, 2003
East Side
gallery.clubsnap.com
i noticed recently there are members who has openly said that they are models and a MUA.

knowing that most if not all girls can do makeup for themselves and sometimes for their friends, can they call themselves a MUA?

i know everybody with a decent-size camera calls themselves a photo enthusiast and some a photographer.

to wat "levels" should a MUA be?

able to hold a brush

MUA stands for make-up artist. NO models should be doing their own make-up and hair (especially HAIR!!!). Yes, models are train to do basic make-ups as sometimes in catwalk/events/shows, the organisers either do not hire enough MUAs or the MUAs are too slow. So they may have to do basic make-up to present themselves.

2 Reason for Models/MUAs should not be doing their own make-ups.

1. They can't really see themselves(even it's a gigantic mirror), especially on styling their own hair. Only natural hair styling I would recommend for themselves. Other than that, forget about it. It takes up too much time to style more complicated ones.

2. Professional MUAs are train to do make-up for others. It's not that they cannot make-up themselves up but even though they are a train pro MUA, doesn't qualify them to do nice make-up on themselves. Same goes with professionally train MODELS. Some MUAs I have met looks gorgeously beautiful (some looks like supermodels) but that does not qualify them to be pro models.

It's just like photographers. You can take photos of yourself but it sometimes the angle that others view is very different. (My pre wedding photos will be taken by another photographer as well)

ndroo said:
They make the not-so-pretty ones pretty, and the pretty ones prettier :)

Yeah but if they do it on themselves, the pretty ones may not be prettier....:sweat: instead it may back fire.:thumbsd: Seen plenty of that happening here.

Let's observe a little to see if the model cum MUA is really value for money and still does a great job.

I wish we can save some money and still get great value.

Caspere said:
Let's observe a little to see if the model cum MUA is really value for money and still does a great job.

I wish we can save some money and still get great value.

I would say very rare......there is but very very rare.........

You want to kill 3-5 birds with one stone? Goodluck......

Let me know if you really can find one that can do hair........nicely.....

Status
Not open for further replies.