What is a good Microfiber CLoth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
I'm currently using Kengsington microfiber cloth. What's a good dmicrofibercloth?

some microfiber cloths have a special kind of wax embedded in it to fill in cracks in the glass. This is the type u do NOT WANT. they are ment for specs.

The best cloth IMHO is not microfiber. Microfiber cant remove water marks easily, and if yuu are as anal about your lenses then microfiber is a serious PITA. A better cloth is called chamosis, it removes watermarks more easily as its more absorbant. Some think sheepskin is better though... its really up to you i guess.

dundee said:
some microfiber cloths have a special kind of wax embedded in it to fill in cracks in the glass. This is the type u do NOT WANT. they are ment for specs.

The best cloth IMHO is not microfiber. Microfiber cant remove water marks easily, and if yuu are as anal about your lenses then microfiber is a serious PITA. A better cloth is called chamosis, it removes watermarks more easily as its more absorbant. Some think sheepskin is better though... its really up to you i guess.

I think you mean Chamois. Its leather from sheep.

Find microfiber clotch on Cathai Photo. I think they only sell microfiber for lens or camera. Somemore they have antistatic microfiber. Not to sure how efective this antistatic microfiber.

Regards,
Arto.

Will any Chamois do. I see a lot of it in hardware shop but they are for cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.