What is a good lens to be "coupled" for macro shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I'm thinking of getting a 50mm (could I use other focal lens?) lens and coupled it to my digital camera for taking macro shots. Do you have any good and cheap (less than $200) ones to recommend? I prefer Nikon mount cos I may "migrate" to one in the future.

Also, how much does a macro coupling adaptor cost?

My friend got his Nikon 50mm1.8 for 170$. You may want to consider 50mm 1.4 as the larger the aperture the less vignette for reverse lens. Macro coupler should cost less than 20$, but im not sure whether available in Spore.

Before you reverse, make sure you set the focus to infinity and open the aperture to the largest.

hi guys.....

could someone explain to me how this macro coupler works?

It's a ring with male filter threads on both sides.

I've tried 35mm b4, so yes, should be able to use other focal length besides 50mm... though mine is using DSLR... yup, nikon's 50mm f1.8 is $160-$180 thereabouts
I used stepup/stepdown rings and stick them together ... total abt 2x$8=$16... :)

..NuTs..

Originally posted by mpenza
I'm thinking of getting a 50mm (could I use other focal lens?) lens and coupled it to my digital camera for taking macro shots. Do you have any good and cheap (less than $200) ones to recommend? I prefer Nikon mount cos I may "migrate" to one in the future.

Also, how much does a macro coupling adaptor cost?

I only use a reverse mount a 50mm f1.8 directly on my 350D. Works well but working distance is very near. Need to set the aperature smaller for more DOF. I bought the reverse mount from PQ23 @$28. Lens is only $135.

Status
Not open for further replies.