What ink do you use on your Epson for photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KamWeng

Apr 7, 2002
Jurong
Visit site
I have a 4 color Epson printer being used mostly for photo printing. I find that the original Epson ink is the best in color but the price is a bit scaring. I tried Nippon Ink, MicroJet and Sepoms. Nippon Ink was the closest to the OEM but it's not cheap enough. Sepoms needed a bit of tweaking in the color control.

Anybody uses any other third party ink which is cheap and good in color?

Regards

Originally posted by KamWeng
I have a 4 color Epson printer being used mostly for photo printing. I find that the original Epson ink is the best in color but the price is a bit scaring. I tried Nippon Ink, MicroJet and Sepoms. Nippon Ink was the closest to the OEM but it's not cheap enough. Sepoms needed a bit of tweaking in the color control.

Anybody uses any other third party ink which is cheap and good in color?

Regards

Don't waste time and money. If you value your photo prints, use the original. Sure, it costs more, but you get best results straightaway. Some 3rd party inks/refills are also known to leak, causing an even more expensive repair bills.

The time spent on getting correct colours out of 3rd party inks is just not worth the savings.

Regards
CK

Yes I think you guys are right. But since these normal inkjet printouts are not truely archival, I just use them for distribution of photos to friends/relatives, or for desktop photo frame (which is to be changed every 1-2 months). So OEM inks are too expensive for these purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.