what if u put a film in a freezer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholas1986

Feb 22, 2002
singapore
Visit site
hey i have 1 roll of NPC 160 which i had in the freezer
then after i realise (someone told me that) that it will spoil ur film the i took it out.
but then my photography instructor say it is ok to put it there... (but he explains the precaution u must take..)
so is it good to put it in there??

Originally posted by nicholas1986
hey i have 1 roll of NPC 160 which i had in the freezer
then after i realise (someone told me that) that it will spoil ur film the i took it out.
but then my photography instructor say it is ok to put it there... (but he explains the precaution u must take..)
so is it good to put it in there??
It is a very good idea to put your film in there in order to provide optimal storage temperature & humidity. This is especially so for Professional films which may show some color shift under less than ideal storage situations over long periods.

Just make sure u leave the film in room temperature for around 3 - 5 hours BEFORE opening the canister and all will be fine.

I put those pro film in the fridge, but not in the freezer compartment. Just in the lower cool compartment.

i put in butter/magarine storage compartment

"butter" compartment is the chiller zone where the humidity is about the lowest w/o resorting to the freezer... ya like the others say, must allow the sealed plastic canister to warm to room temp before you open it... or else the 90-100% humidity here will cause condensation on your film... note that some brands eg Konica use plastic film containers that are not air-tight (Fuji container the most air tight...light-tight dun mean air-tight)... crystallisation is the enemy of freezing-thawing process but I dun think that the plastic film+silver-halide are affected adversely by this.

I usually just put the film into the compartment near the fridge door and take the film out the night before I want to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.