What if this happen to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm The One

Aug 8, 2006
Say you are in a photo shoots outing OR selling your lens, the other person want to view your lens. While holding your lens to test, he DROP it.

What are your reaction???

I'm The One said:
Say you are in a photo shoots outing OR selling your lens, the other person want to view your lens. While holding your lens to test, he DROP it.

suck thumb lor... wat 2 do... then pray nothing spoil... then if anything damage, hope the guy pay for the damages lor...

Once dropped, consider sold

Don't you want the guy to pay :dunno: So far it' didn't happen to me but want to know IF one day things happen..... touch wood.

Ola said:
Once dropped, consider sold
But frankly if he don't want to pay up, how :dunno:

Read this in a shop: I drop I cry, you drop you buy!

depends on what lens is it...

i'll be dam dam sad.. but 1st of all i will make him pay... :cry:

Make him/her buy the lens at the repalcement cost.

Actually realistically speaking, it's quite impossible to beat the guy up in public if he refuses to pay. There isn't much you can do as well if he simply refuses to pay. I've thought about it myself a couple of times, but have never come up with an answer myself. Thankfully I've never been presented with such a situation.

I'm The One said:

I'll also ask to view his lens. While holding his lens to test, I'll also drop it.

I'm The One said:

Anyone's initial reaction of course would be shock when you drop someone elses a lens or camera body

Actually that happend to me......before few years back in Melbourne. The buyer viewing my Mamiya 127mm lens and drop it.....on concrete floor. The glass was not broken but body was dented.

He did said it was his carelessness to have drop it but he opted to buy it from me at my selling price ($1,100) but I gave him a discount of $100. :bsmilie:

If it was photoshoot, it's obvious the person who drop it will either have to repaired it or buy it from me. Nothing to get frustrated. If no money to pay, get whatever that is equal to your lens or camera body value. So simple. Pick a fight would cause more problems for you and the other party. Or go back with him to his home to see what else is valuable........hehe. A LCD screen.............:devil:

Pro Image said:
Anyone's initial reaction of course would be shock when you drop someone elses a lens or camera body

Actually that happend to me......before few years back in Melbourne. The buyer viewing my Mamiya 127mm lens and drop it.....on concrete floor. The glass was not broken but body was dented.

He did said it was his carelessness to have drop it but he opted to buy it from me at my selling price ($1,100) but I gave him a discount of $100. :bsmilie:

If it was photoshoot, it's obvious the person who drop it will either have to repaired it or buy it from me. Nothing to get frustrated. If no money to pay, get whatever that is equal to your lens or camera body value. So simple. Pick a fight would cause more problems for you and the other party. Or go back with him to his home to see what else is valuable........hehe. A LCD screen.............:devil:

eh drop your MF Digital back, give u 1 cheap shinro 14" LCD tv eh sai liao har? :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
eh drop your MF Digital back, give u 1 cheap shinro 14" LCD tv eh sai liao har? :bsmilie:

Actually I will want be the share holder of your company (I will take about 20% stake) lor if you drop my DG back.

In the old days, we were told that, if u know the lens gonna fall, quickly push forward your feet/shoes, hopefully the lens will fall onto your feet/shoes, that is supposedly to minimize any damages/dents/etc.

I'm The One said:

His head follows the same path as the lense..

I'm The One said:

Whether the lens is good or bad after the DROP, heart sure break liao :bheart:
I will make sure he/she have an appointment with me to AP, MS, CP...etc!

Astin said:
In the old days, we were told that, if u know the lens gonna fall, quickly push forward your feet/shoes, hopefully the lens will fall onto your feet/shoes, that is supposedly to minimize any damages/dents/etc.

either ways, if it's a 70-200 f2.8, it's going to be quite painful. the feet and/or the wallet.

Astin said:

what is you are standing near singapore river or near any longkang??? :eek:

secully your that feet...become a kick :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.