Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
Singapore
IMG_7658a.jpg

IMG_8412copy.jpg

IMG_7613copy.jpg

IMG_8415a.jpg

IMG_8416a.jpg

fwah!!! sharp eye to detail... especially the one with the hook.. god knows how many of these hooks are in existence nowadays... apart from old HDB flats with metal doors?!

Great PIcs! :thumbsup: I like the Buddha one best! I went Whoah when i first saw it ;) The legs and door knob shots don work for me...The first and second last are pretty good too. Cheers

Couldn't resist....heheheh

Pic 1 : Feeling tentative...

Pic 2 : Someone awaits...

Pic 3 : She comes...

Pic 4 : Entered...

Pic 5 : A forbidden place...

:think:

I like the first and second photos best...

The first one gave me chills, to be honest... the desaturated fingers look pale in contrast to the fence (is that a fence?) and reminds me of Asian horror movies 0_o;; A strong photo, well done.

And the second one has a peaceful colour tone...

the buddha shot and the one with the "hanger" are the best. the rest are pretty.. ordinary.

the buddha one is just damn good. :thumbsup:

2nd(buddha) and 4th(hook lock) :thumbsup:

I like 4th one, the hook lock..or wat you call that?

Just curious, how do you manage to sharpen the object (foreground) and blur the rest (background)?

I've been trying this with aperture setting and manual focus on my A70 but to no avail. What do I need to make these shots that you took? Is it the lens?

Hehe, I am very curious because I am quite new to photography. Just started a month and a half ago.

SniperD said:
the buddha shot captivates.... print big and hang it up... it's a classic. the little vignetting's makes the shot looks so classy

ya..i tried printing once to A0 size..cost me $70 to print it out using plotter...plus laminate...its nice..

The buddha is really nice! Very very nice....
Actually I find that pair of legs very classy leh...like can be used for shoes advertisement?

And ermm...the hand is scary ...gd mood implanted...it scares pple....meaning ur picture is powerful!

Thanks guys!

Since you guys like them so much, I have compiled the photos into the Flash animation for you. If you have a fast link to the net, click here to view.

arikevin said:
Just curious, how do you manage to sharpen the object (foreground) and blur the rest (background)?

Use low F stops such as F1.4 to F2.8 and shoot at a close range with the focus on the eye nearest to your camera. :)

Greats insight!!

I just exploring if it'll look better if the legs picture is composed a little slanted.

Wow the effects on the buddha works like wonder,
btw how u created the effect on the hook picture? looks like the top right hand corner is much blurer that the bottom right hand corner

:thumbsup: Did not get much of a chance to visit Clubsnap the last few months, but just saw this post of yours. Stunning images, they are what I call "story tellers". Once can images all kind of history and emotions in the images. Really nice.

Alex

rty said:
Thanks guys!

Since you guys like them so much, I have compiled the photos into the Flash animation for you. If you have a fast link to the net, click here to view.

I like the shots in here .. lovely.. All yoru still life pics are damm moody :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I esp love the rusty lock , the ladder that leads no where and .. the leaf on the floor.

The leaf was frozen? appears shattered

sym18 said:
btw how u created the effect on the hook picture? looks like the top right hand corner is much blurer that the bottom right hand corner

Well, I didn't notice it. What I did was just shoot it in a close distance with an aperture wide open (F1.4 to F2.8)

Jazer said:
The leaf was frozen? appears shattered

It was a dry leaf found on the pavement on a cold early December street in Amsterdam last year but it wasn't frozen.

Thanks.

buddha shot rules....nice perspective.
The door hook in light sepia will give it more of a retro feel
nice shots!!

Status
Not open for further replies.