What have you seen or experienced "disturbed" you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
adamadam said:
Singaporeans...
erm, in some other countries I've been too, they also have situations like those listed here, so discourtesy, impolite behaviour, kiasuism is not limited to Singaporeans. Don't shortchange your own people, yah? :)

That aside, number one on my hitlist are those people who cannot wait for you to alight before rushing on the MRT. One day, just one day, I'm going to simply stand smack in the middle of the door and refuse to move. When they start complaining, I going to sweetly say, "All of you block the doorway until like that, how am I going to get off?" :angry:

bgat said:
You may have seen/experienced it or you could be the one committed it. Let's see....

Here are mine:

MRT:

1) Incoming passengers blocking the passage way of outgoing passengers. ;(
2) A middle age lady wrestled her way to a seat as if she owned it, leaving two passengers in front of her fumbled.
3) People just cut in your queve/way/view simply because I didn't inch myself to the door.
4) There will occassionally be one or two rushing out of the cabin to be the first at the escalator. :dunno:

Hawker centres, coffee shops or Restaurants:

1) After meal, people conveniently threw used tissue paper (either for their mouth or their nose) onto the plate or into the soup. :thumbsd:
2) Saw a coffee shop attendent using the table cloth to wipe his hands which he used to blow his nose. :eek:

I will add more when I thought of more...........

hey man... i agree with u totally... especially in mrt or even worst bus... bus is already so small n yet there are people rushing towards seats behind... n also many inconsiderate people blocking the bus exit... n others cant get off the bus in time...

in hawker centre, wat i saw was the cleaning attandance at a hawker centre, she jus wipe the table off with her cloth n also wipe using the same cloth off the chair... yucks... how to sit ???

the 'blockers' will just sidestepped you. he he.

on a serious note. a letter writer to ST or Today raised a valid concern among commuters. he raised the buzzing sounds which, in most commuters' minds, means that the doors are closing soon, especially during peak hours or at busier stations. so, they rush in while an equally large alighters are alighting.

on another point, is alighters who sit down and wait for the other alighters to thin out or for the train to stop before standing up and walking towards the doors. these commuters, in my view, do not deserve the courtesy shown to them by boarders who make way for them.

Larren Chen said:
hey man... i agree with u totally... especially in mrt or even worst bus... bus is already so small n yet there are people rushing towards seats behind... n also many inconsiderate people blocking the bus exit... n others cant get off the bus in time...

in hawker centre, wat i saw was the cleaning attandance at a hawker centre, she jus wipe the table off with her cloth n also wipe using the same cloth off the chair... yucks... how to sit ???

more like how to eat at the table/s which she has wiped with the same cloth after she used on the chairs.

Sion said:
No lah. The headless one didn't want her photo taken with flash.

You could try window light but she normally doesn't appear in the daytime when I think she is busy sucking blood.

Ahhh, now I see.
The head that appears at my bed is actulally good looking.
The blood sucking headless being you see is most likely my ex-girlfriend.
Just tell it that you have spent all your money on an 1200mmL lens and it will go away.
Trust me :bsmilie:

i felt a disturbance in the Force... oops... :p

btw i think i dislike those ppl who wear & think they damn smart & think they deserve to be in the front of the queue instead of with the 'normal' ppl like us. then when its their turn to the reception, they would hold up ppl's time by complaining about how long he have waited.

another type is talking over the mobile fone via a handsfree loudly... seem typical esp bragging about their sales thingy... den do a fashion walk left right and a turnaround...

Too many "1900-112-6868" in a year....and yes, the $0.25 surcharge per call. Who's getting the most funds from charity in a year?

Sorry my spacebar spoilt also.....

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
another type is talking over the mobile fone via a handsfree loudly... seem typical esp bragging about their sales thingy... den do a fashion walk left right and a turnaround...

:bsmilie: Hahaha! I've seen those before!

another one.... bryl cream stains on bus/MRT windows!
:confused:

My formal colleague....

1. He once had a cold. In a meeting with upper management he was talking away while fluid was flowing from his nostrils, leaving a trail from the nostrils to almost touching the upper lip. He was either not aware or simply ignored it. I pretended I needed tissue to wipe my glasses and went to get a box from another colleague's desk. I left the box on the meeting table and he still did not get the hint. Finally our lady VP got so irritated she told him to wipe his nose in front of everyone.

2. He kept his fingernails on both his little fingers long. In a conversation my other colleague and I saw him picked out some food stuck in his teeth with his left fingernail, transferred that stuff from the underside of his left fingernail to the upper side of his right little fingernail, and then believe it or not, stuck his right little finger back into his mouth and swallowed the stuff he picked out from his teeth!

3. He is a heavy smoker. He smoked in his office even when he had visitors. Never even asked ig the visitor mind about him smoking.

He could be part of the reason I decided to leave that company.

ckiang said:
1. People who block MRT exits
2. People in foodcourts/coffeeshops etc who are obviously about finished eating but when they see you waiting for them to vacate their table, they start dilly-dallying, talking, smoking, etc.
3. People who do likewise in carparks
4. Complete strangers trying to "sell" religion to you.
5. Telemarketers
6. People who let their kids run around, scream, etc in MRT trains
7. Cyclists along pavements who think the road is theirs and keeping ringing their bells to get you to give way

How about:
8. The photographer showing off by carrying a Biscuit Tin Pinhole Camera and a large piece of black clothe around?

My 2 cents worth...

The people who walk in large groups across the rollerblade/cycling path at the East Coast, even though there's a footpath just about 5m away.

roygoh said:
My formal colleague....

1. He once had a cold. In a meeting with upper management he was talking away while fluid was flowing from his nostrils, leaving a trail from the nostrils to almost touching the upper lip. He was either not aware or simply ignored it. I pretended I needed tissue to wipe my glasses and went to get a box from another colleague's desk. I left the box on the meeting table and he still did not get the hint. Finally our lady VP got so irritated she told him to wipe his nose in front of everyone.

2. He kept his fingernails on both his little fingers long. In a conversation my other colleague and I saw him picked out some food stuck in his teeth with his left fingernail, transferred that stuff from the underside of his left fingernail to the upper side of his right little fingernail, and then believe it or not, stuck his right little finger back into his mouth and swallowed the stuff he picked out from his teeth!

3. He is a heavy smoker. He smoked in his office even when he had visitors. Never even asked ig the visitor mind about him smoking.

i am sure you meant 'former'.

roygoh said:
My formal colleague....

Did u shake hand with him when u leave? Left hand or right hand? :sweat:

arikevin said:
I am very disturbed by the facts that some inconsiderate and robotic Singaporeans refused to move in to the rear of the bus. The rear of the bus is quite spacious yet the front ones are sardine-packed. This caused the passengers to be stucked at the entrance door or, worst, unable to board the bus. Then came this malay guy who was a punk and started to shout at the people who were mostly chinese.Most of guilty ones still didn't get it and just stared at him. And of course those who stared at him got special attention from him.

actually for most single deck buses here, the walkway at the back is very narrow. only fits medium to large build male, or 2 skinny males or females. so from outside it looks damn spacious, but inside at the back its a tight squeeze if ppl stand butt-to-butt. ;p

reachme2003 said:
on another point, is alighters who sit down and wait for the other alighters to thin out or for the train to stop before standing up and walking towards the doors. these commuters, in my view, do not deserve the courtesy shown to them by boarders who make way for them.

dont get your point :think: ;p

Getting out of the MRT with people blocking my way is very common, but I'm a pretty big size guy and I've always walk straight and bash my way through.

The most disturbing for me was a early 40s man I knew, uses a piece of tissue paper, wipe his mouth, then wipe his face. After a while, he'll use that same piece of tissue to wipe the table, then use it again to wipe his mouth and that would repeat about 2 cycles. :what:

Drudkh said:
Getting out of the MRT with people blocking my way is very common, but I'm a pretty big size guy and I've always walk straight and bash my way through.

The most disturbing for me was a early 40s man I knew, uses a piece of tissue paper, wipe his mouth, then wipe his face. After a while, he'll use that same piece of tissue to wipe the table, then use it again to wipe his mouth and that would repeat about 2 cycles. :what:

Things people do. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.