What have you gained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

granni

Aug 31, 2005
Hi,

Just thought it would be interesting to ask what each of us has gained by doing photography? Other than hardware and photographic skills.

For me, the most and still the best is ALOT OF NEW FRIENDS :D okok alot of new and wonder friends :)

For me, its therapeutic. To take my mind off work. And when I'm at work, I take my mind off again in CS :bsmilie:

1. Photography skills and knowledge
2. Equipment (tons of equipment)
3. Satisfaction
4. Therapeutic (take mind off work and soften the edgy mood)
5. Last but the most important : Getting to know more people and making friends with other fellow photographers who share the same passion

i've gained somethin to do outta passion..

and not to mention also... a big hole in my pocket.. haha.. :bsmilie:

a new way of looking at the world. new appreciation of small details that i never noticed before, and of how the sky looks, the light looks.

motivation to explore and discover more areas and subjects. besides new chances to take photos it also means learning more about history, nature, and even finding new places to eat ;p

to crap around here in kopitiam so our time passes faster and not forgetting those CS outing that i've learnt from the PROS how to shoot with my pns :bsmilie:

Friends. :)

Learned to "open my eyes" and appreciate the simple things in life. Simple things such as the beauty of light, colors of the skies, beauty of shapes and patterns, or to put it generally, the beauty of mother nature and human expressions.
And i'm grateful to photography for that.

1. more exercise (carrying heavy gears every weekends)
2. more friends
3. less $$$
4. more equipment (including cabinets at home)
5. Visited places I had never heard of B4
6. Chance to be explore the beautiful world we live in.
7. more knowledge (including non-photography related)

more to come.

learn that so many things can affect a good picture, a good picture is hard to come by (for me), a good picture goes a long way

weight

granni said:
Hi,

Just thought it would be interesting to ask what each of us has gained by doing photography? Other than hardware and photographic skills.

For me, the most and still the best is ALOT OF NEW FRIENDS :D okok alot of new and wonder friends :)
My overseas travels suddenly exponentially increased when I discovered photography.

Of cos it also trained me to be more observant, move with a faster eye and finger, earned me some little extra pocket money for my bills, more knowledge, earned me some new friends.

Its also thru photography I learnt that the true skill of photography (or anything for that matter) doesn't merely lie in splurging on top end gadgets which are mere facilitators. Skills ultimately matter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.