What have you bought from the IT Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaoxing

Feb 16, 2003
Bedok, Singapore
Visit site
For me, I bought many different brands of 3rd party ink cartridges and photo papers to see which one really sucks. :bsmilie:

At first thought of buying either the Epson C63 or Canon S830D to print my photos, but later gave up the idea as I already have 6 printers at home and will have no space for another printer. Waiting for the one in June.

yaoxing said:
For me, I bought many different brands of 3rd party ink cartridges and photo papers to see which one really sucks. :bsmilie:

At first thought of buying either the Epson C63 or Canon S830D to print my photos, but later gave up the idea as I already have 6 printers at home and will have no space for another printer. Waiting for the one in June.

6 printers?! :bigeyes:

wah say...

6 is alot. I bought a DVD Writer, CD-Rs and got a free eBay mug :)

I just finished burning the 18th DVD on my newly bought TDK DVD writer from the IT show ... :sweat: :sweat:

SniperD said:
no joke... you have so many stuff to archive??? one DVD is 4.6G... takes 30mins to burn... :eek:
Did I say 18th? Affirmative!! I need to get 10 more DVD on the next Monday!! :dunno:

wah hardcore. I think I only have enough data to fill 5 discs.

Nothing :embrass: Actually wanted to get a dry cabinet but was pondering with the size and the space I have. So, have to temporary hold it off.

Got a copy of Photoi instead, and like what SnipweD said, lotsa paper handouts as freebies :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

SniperD said:
6 printers?! :bigeyes:

wah say...

All lousy ones: HP LJ 5L, HP LJ 6L, Sharp AJ-2000, Canon MPC 200, HP DJ 400, Canon BJC 210SP.

None of them can be used to seriously print photos. I can only use my MPC 200 to print photo at the moment. Will upgrade by June. Probably use my HP Deskjet 400 to trade-in if necessary.

see if you can do a comparison test of the Canon i905 printer and the newer i990... seems that the colours vibrancy is quite obvious coz of the extra 7th Red ink in the i990

SniperD said:
see if you can do a comparison test of the Canon i905 printer and the newer i990... seems that the colours vibrancy is quite obvious coz of the extra 7th Red ink in the i990

Now I'm trying to do a comparison test between photo papers and ink cartridges. Got hold of the following brand of 3rd party ink cartridges for my MPC200, i.e. BCI 24Bk, BCI 24C:

Sepoms
Calidad
Peach
Fullmark
Prestigio
Acujet (Marketed by Inknovation)
G&G (Only seen in SLS ATF Multimedia so far)
PioneerTech
Carlton (Only seen in SLS Skylet so far)
Orink
SkyHorse (Marketed by 911)
EMWIN (Marketed by ImageMaker)

Want to compare these 12 third-party inks against Canon's original ink but don't know how to conduct a proper test leh.

Also bought lots of photo papers:

Sepoms -
PH-180GN Economy Glossy Photo Paper 180 gsm
PH-220GN High Glossy Photo Paper 220 gsm
PS-150GN Glossy Magic Photo Paper (tear-resistant) 150 gsm
PS-150MN Matte Magic Photo Paper (tear-resistant) 150 gsm
PH-235GN Super Glossy Photo Paper 235 gsm

Fullmark -
PPIMG20 Premium Inkjet Mirror Gloss Paper 250 gsm

Kodak Original -
Premium Picture Paper (Ultra Glossy) 220 gsm
Picture Paper (Glossy) 190 gsm

HP Original -
HP Colourfast Photo Paper (Glossy) 280 gsm
HP Semi-Gloss Photo Paper 170 gsm

Avery -
Photo Quality Glossy Inkjet Paper 160 gsm

Peach -
Premium Photo Glossy Paper 260 gsm

Prestigio -
Inkprez Photo Glossy Paper (Unknown thickness)

Will be scouting again tomorrow for other brands to see which one I left out. Looks like one year's supply of photo paper already. Not sure how to conduct a proper test leh.... any tips? Maybe can even do a review if it's successful. :bsmilie:

just bought 5 dvd + RW to transfer data between home and office..

Got a TDK DVD writer after 25 mins waiting on day 1. Also got a 70 Lite DigiCabi to further expand my space. Bought another 20 DVD-R 4x Mitsubishi but my 8x Asus DVD has problem reading them...... No problem on the TDK. Already burned 16 pieces, no problem as each copy was tested after burning.

To all who has the TDK 880N:

Did you managed to use it on external casing? I used mine on a Firewire case but it does not work at all...... Any help is appreciated.

theITguy said:
Got a TDK DVD writer after 25 mins waiting on day 1. Also got a 70 Lite DigiCabi to further expand my space. Bought another 20 DVD-R 4x Mitsubishi but my 8x Asus DVD has problem reading them...... No problem on the TDK. Already burned 16 pieces, no problem as each copy was tested after burning.

To all who has the TDK 880N:

Did you managed to use it on external casing? I used mine on a Firewire case but it does not work at all...... Any help is appreciated.

Wow..... seems like everyone is going for the TDK DVD writer...... :eek:

tomshen said:
Did I say 18th? Affirmative!! I need to get 10 more DVD on the next Monday!! :dunno:

try to get from the show. think it's cheaper than the shops after the show ends.

Bought a 100-disc spindle of TDK CD-R discs, and a 48L dry cabinet.
Finally...a dry cabinet for all my camera stuff...and more...

Haha...hope can win something in the lucky draw! :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.