What has SG become? Keep increasing FARES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fierysnake

Feb 26, 2006
Singapore
Hey...... I really hate to say this...
Why always increase transport fares one?
Taxis fares is getting way out of control liao..
Anyone any comments? :angry: :angry: :angry:

:bsmilie: kopi up 10cents even though the kopibeans price has fallen.

and when i asked the kopishop owner why so, he told me...
"long time no up kopi price liao! now up liao, won't drop back liao la."

and best of it all, the price of tea oso shot up along with kopi.;)

yes i know, its only 10cents.. some ppl earn thousands a day, yes yes.

everything up price. mcdonald up price too and their fillet-o-fish shrunk in size. :bsmilie:

it's just getting to be a more expensive place to live in....
What else can we say about it? :dunno:

Everything getting expensive in SG. They forcing us to get out of the country so that they can have more foreign talents here. Then SG will have to change name soon already... Cos no more Singaporeans.. All leave SG liao...

because election over already, that's why... but the garmen is very clever, they won't increase everything at one shot so most people don't feel the pinch so much and after a while, you won't feel it.

Basically, i think Singapore transport service is much more better compare to other first world countries that i had travel, like France and Japan. The service is better and the fare is cheaper...

sadly its ridiculous..price hike almost 20% depending on how you take the cab..gonna hurt my pockets a lot since i am a cab regular..sigh..

I just don't get it! It look like our gov is promoting the people to drive rather then take public transport man!!!

:confused: :confused:

Well... I think the cab drivers is the one that will stuffer. Their rent is so high, and no pay leave plus MC also must pay rent. This are apart from the pump oil. Now this increase will cause a few months of people avoiding cab. THey are really at the disadvantage. The real winner will be the cab company loh... :( They should have lower their rent reasonably during oil price hikes instead of up so high fair. :(

fierysnake said:
Hey...... I really hate to say this...
Why always increase transport fares one?
Taxis fares is getting way out of control liao..
Anyone any comments? :angry: :angry: :angry:
Singapore taxi fare is still reasonable compared to some other countries. Shanghai for one is definitely more expensive than Singapore, and I mean comparing in SGD, and not RMB to SGD. Hopping on a cab there is RMB 10.00 which is about SGD 2.20 which is still fair, but the meter jumps at RMB 1.00 which is about SGD 0.22 per jump. A trip of let's say Changi Airport to Jurong will cost you near to SGD 40.00+/- per trip. Rental of a taxi is about SGD 85.00 per day +/- depending on which company the driver rented it from.

dr34mc4st3r said:
i forgot wat i wanted to say after i see ur equipment list in ur signature..hehe
If prices did not increase his equipment list would reflect D2Xs, 12-24, 17-55, 70-200, 50 1.4 and SB-800. :bsmilie:

firestone said:
No no no, how can u be so unfair...not always lah...

Only after an election..:bsmilie:

That's wat Mr Chiam said during the election. Something will increase after the GE. :bsmilie:

The increase of the peak hour of $1 to $2 is the worst. ;( Board cab during the peak hours starting meter $4.50. :thumbsd:

precious.jas said:
Everything getting expensive in SG. They forcing us to get out of the country so that they can have more foreign talents here. Then SG will have to change name soon already... Cos no more Singaporeans.. All leave SG liao...

Wa... fierce. Imagine SG no more Singaporeans. :bigeyes:

they say boarding price have not rise for the pass 12 years. i thought a few years ago was $2.20?

You guys should see how much cab fares cost overseas in a city at an equal stage of development. Our cab fares are really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.