what has happen to clubsnap

zekai

May 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
i have been away from clubsnap a few years. log in once a few years.

there is much less activities in kopitiam.
less questions, less sharing.

Much less posting of pictures in the different sections.

the forum layout now only show very current post.
need to specially choose to display old threads to see more threads.

What happen? Where has everyone gone?

in the smartphone and mobile device era, most people go hangout at facebook, instagram nowadays.

I am still here waiting for you to post after so many years and water under the bridge.

These days the Forumers have become more meditative and introspective. But you still can find them if you know where to look. :bsmilie:

Compact_zpskjb3g7ny.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I haven't posted anything here for damn long, just FB groups and IG liao.

Uncle Sion is da BEST :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am still here waiting for you to post after so many years and water under the bridge.

These days the Forumers have become more meditative and introspective. But you still can find them if you know where to look. :bsmilie:

Compact_zpskjb3g7ny.jpg

3 obvious and frequent observations

When a newcomer to clubsnap start a new thread: The old birds will say "This issue has already been discussed to death, did you use the search function of the forum?"

When a person post a question: The old birds will say "Do you expect us to spoonfeed you? Google and you will easily get the answer!"

When a newcomer post a picture for critique: The old birds will say "Dude, did you read the guidelines, you can only post 1 picture. Dude, your picture sux, hand chop half, head chop half, might as well junk the picture away."

Will the person/newcomer feel welcomed? Or will the person/newcomer leave for good?

Yeap. Not muxh photography discussion going on compare to other forums. One thing clubsnap isexceptionally good is the bns.

Yeap. Not muxh photography discussion going on compare to other forums. One thing clubsnap isexceptionally good is the bns.

.....Yes, it is sexceptional ......... :bsmilie:

Now that's a familiar name.

Were you expecting something?
What were you expecting?
Why do you have expectations?
Would you have started this thread is you didn't have any expectations?
Would you be happier without expectations?

I joined CS 14 years ago. Back then, ICQ was cool. Then MSN took over. How many of you still chat in front of the computer screen? This is the internet, it's impermanence. If something as basic as the way we communicate can change with time, how would you expect CS to standstill? CS doesn't run the way I like it to be or the way i remembered it to be. To be quite honest, it's beyond anyone's control really. Just look at the critique section. It's pathetic but can anyone step up to resuscitate it? Even if that someone do bring it back to life, can it be sustained? How? I'd move on and find something which suits me better.

You asked "What happen? Where has everyone gone?"
I ask "Where have you been?"

If you want to relive the good old days, I'd suggest you try private messaging those you know. They might still lurk around.

3 obvious and frequent observations

When a newcomer to clubsnap start a new thread: The old birds will say "This issue has already been discussed to death, did you use the search function of the forum?"

When a person post a question: The old birds will say "Do you expect us to spoonfeed you? Google and you will easily get the answer!"

When a newcomer post a picture for critique: The old birds will say "Dude, did you read the guidelines, you can only post 1 picture. Dude, your picture sux, hand chop half, head chop half, might as well junk the picture away."

Will the person/newcomer feel welcomed? Or will the person/newcomer leave for good?

Also to add, members who post a lot of controversy, quarrels, kick up a lot of actions, etc, are banned, because either they are too hard to handle or people dont like what they are saying but now looking back, the sai stirrers brings in the traffic lol.

Other points are ease of mobile phone technology, shoot and post to social media, edit on phone apps, less people playing with heavy dslr, which means less value in traditional methods of photography knowledge, which means less value in visiting clubsnap. Llittle breakthroughs in products but major increases in pricings continues to drive people away from DSLR. Slowing economy didnt help.

Also to add, members who post a lot of controversy, quarrels, kick up a lot of actions, etc, are banned, because either they are too hard to handle or people dont like what they are saying but now looking back, the sai stirrers brings in the traffic lol.

Other points are ease of mobile phone technology, shoot and post to social media, edit on phone apps, less people playing with heavy dslr, which means less value in traditional methods of photography knowledge, which means less value in visiting clubsnap. Llittle breakthroughs in products but major increases in pricings continues to drive people away from DSLR. Slowing economy didnt help.

Good observations.

I think rashkae and the tolerance of some mods of him contributed a part to the demise.

Last edited: