What happens when i shoot with expired BnW films?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Probably nothing (our of the ordinary) - really depends on how the film has been stored and whether it is professional or amateur grade.

If the film has gone 'off, then the negs and subseqent prints will come out flat and dull.

The colour won't come out :bsmilie:

Don't know, never shoot B&W. May be the contrast/exposure no longer as good :dunno: ?

WOW!

Anyway, mine are Lucky brand BnW films.. got them in 135 n 120 format

erm... based on my experience with waaaayyyyyy expired Tri-X? the tones and contrast go haywire, even after compensating for it during developing. after this experience, i dun keep a lot of BnW films nowadays. :embrass:

It depends on how you store it and also how long has it been expired. From my experience it could give you some weird and nice tones. No harm trying it out.

I have bought some Tmax that was expired in 2001. Till now they works fine. Also tried with some other expired brands and there is fogging. The negatives turned out dull, lack of contrast. It really depends on the way the negative is stored and the brand I suppose? Good to try. Most of the time you wont go wrong. The wrong is usually the developing. ;p

ok man thanks! I have some Lucky brand BnW going to expire in July 06. Gonna use most of them before the month, but will leave some to experiment after it expired! hehe

behyx said:
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Low contrast I supposed due to environmental fog if not kept in a dry place.

When I saw this thread, I suddenly found out I have several rolls of expired B&W films.

3 rolls are from Ilford (2 SFX) and the rest are Tmax.

I store them in my fridge though so does it also affect the quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.