what happened to the G5 ?

redtush

Dec 10, 2010
What happened to the G5.... it was officially launched in July...

Yet .... no sign of this body in the stores yet.... Anybody got any news.... been waiting till buay tahan liao...

It will be out by the weekend at the usual stores =)

whaa... where u hear the news from.... any price indication yet?

MS Color posted on their facebook that the G5 is in stock...

FYI

thanks, I just found out today... g5 is avail at MSC, SLR and Alan Photo... (only MSC has the body alone) SLR cheapest for body with kit lens.

what's the pricing of body alone & with kit lens like?

thanks, I just found out today... g5 is avail at MSC, SLR and Alan Photo... (only MSC has the body alone) SLR cheapest for body with kit lens.
Care to share the prices ?

not sure if alright to post here leh... pm u guys

redtush said:
not sure if alright to post here leh... pm u guys

It would be easier for everybody to just post it here. ;-)

Last edited:
well, best phone-quote was from SLR - 1189$ for body+kit lens

body alone @ 950$ (MSC)

need some comments... shd I just get the body with 20mm prime? (my objective is to use it for shooting people/faces/children...)

IMO, at $950 for the body alone is on the overpriced side. Considering that Panasonic stated that this model is a in-between of GF5 and GX1/GH2 during their earlier launch announcement.

jackwolf said:
IMO, at $950 for the body alone is on the overpriced side. Considering that Panasonic stated that this model is a in-between of GF5 and GX1/GH2 during their earlier launch announcement.

Actually price sounds correct. I bought my previous G2 at $1199. With kit lens, my GH2 cost $1449 with kit lens. The gf5 with kit costs around $999. My GF3 with pz 14-42 was $899. So it is inbetween the gf and gh

On b&h, body only is $699 usd. After adding gst and $42 usd for shipping, it works out to around $995 sgd.

Last edited:
i got quote for 900 from MS colour
maybe you can check with them again
900 sounds reasonable seeing the US price is 699US about 850SGD

thanks, I will.... 950$ was a phone quote... so onsite and with firm buy... price may be better in the case of MSc

If you buy from US, you need to include 7% GST for anything over SGD $400. Plus you need to add Courier Charge (UPS) of USD $42-60. Add all this and its cheaper to buy in SG. With local warranty !!

Cathay photo no stock. Bravery normn no stock.
M s color quoting 1190 for body and lens.

Any better option?

boboshot said:
Cathay photo no stock. Bravery normn no stock.
M s color quoting 1190 for body and lens.

Any better option?

did you try tk foto?

Got it last weekend at MS c for $1190 + kit lens