What happened to the big bookstore near old national library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
I went to the bookstore near the old center national library near citihall,
but it's not there leh. :(

Ehhh you don't mean MPH do you? It's long gone!

do not be surprised how fast our city landscape changes.

the only decent book stores here are borders and kinokuyiya. both foreign owned. times is not in the same category.

Yar its a waste, it's already a well know landmark to singaporean :)

That MPH bookstore moved to Raffles City level 2.

redstone said:
....it had been occupying for nearly 100 years...
Yeah.... I spent countless hours in that Stamford Road bookstore when I was still a kid. And that was more than 30 years ago.

photobum said:
That MPH bookstore moved to Raffles City level 2.

thats one at City link mall also, but if you are still looking for old building i think second to that of the old building(near old national library) is the outlet at Robison Road quite nice antique feels :)

i missed the old MPH :cry:

good browsing experience, cheap cds

cast123 said:
thats one at City link mall also.....
The one at Raffles City came before City Link Mall, shortly after they moved out of the old MPH Building.

Stereobox said:
.....cheap cds
Cheap CDs????? I find their prices same as elsewhere.

photobum said:
Cheap CDs????? I find their prices same as elsewhere.

IIRC they were quite cheap and had quite a comprehensive collection back then.

photobum said:
The one at Raffles City came before City Link Mall, shortly after they moved out of the old MPH Building.

yar thats true and that Raffles city outlet takes over Times at Raffles City.

Geckorian said:
IIRC they were quite cheap and had quite a comprehensive collection back then.
Comprehensive, yes (maybe). Cheap, no. I remember the "real" Sembawang Music Store at Sembawang Shopping Centre was much cheaper.

photobum said:
Comprehensive, yes (maybe). Cheap, no. I remember the "real" Sembawang Music Store at Sembawang Shopping Centre was much cheaper.

yea, i remember that too! :thumbsup: my childhood hangout in the early 90s (sembawang shopping centre). it was one of the very first big shopping malls in the north area, before Northpoint came along.

the selections at the "real" sembawang music centre was very good too. i 'discovered' a lot of (now my favourite) bands there just by browsing through the titles.

*end of ot :embrass:

awww.. used to go mph often with my father say 10yrs ago? He go there buy those english songs cd while Me...wandering around there :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.