What happened of my battery?

Matt Mei

Jun 28, 2010
Bukit Panjang, Singapore
Hi, I'm a Nikon D90 user (<1 year), last Sun when I tried to charge the original battery, the charger lamp only blinked for about 10 mins then stopped blinking, I thought this time charged so fast but found only charged about 15%, then I tried my second battery, also the same situation, what happened of my batteries or charger? How can I trouble-shoot?

probably can check the pins on the charger...check if they are rusty etc...open failure due to rust etc might make it work intermittenly...try it on another charger?

charger lying flat on the floor or table?
or slanted?

coz my charger if slanted, the batt will charge damn fast but inside still empty LOL!
so must place flat on the ground or table.

Hi, I'm a Nikon D90 user (<1 year), last Sun when I tried to charge the original battery, the charger lamp only blinked for about 10 mins then stopped blinking, I thought this time charged so fast but found only charged about 15%, then I tried my second battery, also the same situation, what happened of my batteries or charger? How can I trouble-shoot?

• Check the contact points of the battery
  • Check the charger power plug is connected properly on both ends
  • Make sure the batteries are inserted correctly into the charger
  • Borrow a friend's charger and see if the same incident occur
  • If batteries charge as per normal with friend's charger, it means your charger is spoilt
  • If batteries are still not charging properly with friend's charger, you might want to test with a third charger. If still the same result, it means your batteries are faulty.
  • If batteries are faulty, you may be able to do 1-for-1 exchange (if they are OEM batteries) if under warranty (I'm not sure if warranty covers battery)