What happened after you missed or nearly missed that shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYRN

Nov 14, 2002
photoevangel.com
Juz a simple question...

What happened after you missed or nearly missed that shot.

It could be for whatever reason like subject moving too fast or people obstructing you.... or even stupid mistakes like panning into someone's head.

Would you muddel it in your head over and over again and think that better equipments would help you clinch that shot or would you just forgo such shots and forget that "incident"?

Let me start with myself.

I had a 5700 and the AF sux BIG time for keeping up with kids and can barely focus in resturants. So I tot a DSLR would be better.

Got my 10D+28-135+550EX, I've since got much more acceptable shots, but still now hate the shadow cast in portraits orientation. So I tot getting a flash bracket and Off-shoe cord.... and the list of wanting tot get that shot by getting that "suitable" equipment.

note... it's not for the lack of deliverables, rather feeling fustrated that you just missed capturing something....

now I'm feeling that my 550EX cannot keep up with my shooting. :(

work around it lor.. becos no matter wat u buy or do, there will always be undesirable things we want to improve or get rid of. the journey to better pics is never complete. but if u keep feeling upset then it could be detrimental to your improvement. the journey should be fun, even if it's not always perfect. :)

AReality said:
My biased opinion...

Get the flash bracket & off-shoe cord.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=203317
I give u 12.5% discount.

heeheehee... I'm recently looking for a off-shoe cord... cuz I juz broke mine.

If you give 12.5% of the price listed on that thread.. I'll take it. ;p

Haiz... same symptom... got the ST-e2 and then found out that even if the flash is right on top... the IR signal have to be bounced off the subject and that cannot be more than 10 meters. And I lost the auto zoom in my 550ex..wast batt as it's fixed @ 24mm whe I'm shooting 105mm(+ 1.6x). And my 550ex focus assist beam keeps flashing.

Tue evening I hav to be at Cityhall at 5pm to ard 7pm.
So anytime just before 5pm to maybe 7pm is OK for me.

AReality said:
Tue evening I hav to be at Cityhall at 5pm to ard 7pm.
So anytime just before 5pm to maybe 7pm is OK for me.

:think: :think:

Need to confirm tomolo.

AReality said:
OK.

tell u tml nite if the cord still available or not..

I mean confirm meeting time and place on tuesday leh. :dunno:

CYRN said:
Juz a simple question...

What happened after you missed or nearly missed that shot.

It could be for whatever reason like subject moving too fast or people obstructing you.... or even stupid mistakes like panning into someone's head.

Would you muddel it in your head over and over again and think that better equipments would help you clinch that shot or would you just forgo such shots and forget that "incident"?

When i miss it, I miss it.
I still hav a lot of hits to cover the misses.
Next time just try to predict faster..
The worse situation is u got time to take tt shot, & u screw up, tt's the hair-losing part..

AReality said:
cfm tues can lar?
coz wed I going overseas liao.

yes..cfm tue evening... but can't fix time and place yet... PM you...before Joho yap on us. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

AReality said:
When i miss it, I miss it.
I still hav a lot of hits to cover the misses.
Next time just try to predict faster..
The worse situation is u got time to take tt shot, & u screw up, tt's the hair-losing part..

errm... not prediction.. rather people tends to crowd in focal points of activities and I find hard taking my shot if I have to bash through. One of the reason why I'm looking for a fast WA lens currently.

What happen if I miss 'that shot' ah?

I'll adopt a 'bang head, forget abt it and seek to improve my speed'. Most of the time, we miss shots due to our slightly slow response in bringing out our cameras instantly. The AF speed, and other bells and whistles on the camera serves to complement this reaction speed to ensure we get the shot. Not the other way around.

jsbn said:
What happen if I miss 'that shot' ah?

I'll adopt a 'bang head, forget abt it and seek to improve my speed'. Most of the time, we miss shots due to our slightly slow response in bringing out our cameras instantly. The AF speed, and other bells and whistles on the camera serves to complement this reaction speed to ensure we get the shot. Not the other way around.

So...as they say horses for courses... will you change the horse or the course. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.