What happen to my prints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimlee

Jan 23, 2005
Lavender
I just receive my first digital prints (8R) from the shop yesterday but the picture with somehow being cropped.:eek: need to know what happened?

What should i do to prevent the image being cropped? :dunno:

use software to crop it to the right aspect ratio first if you don't want it "crop". the shop has to fit your picture to 8"x10".

mpenza said:
use software to crop it to the right aspect ratio first if you don't want it "crop". the shop has to fit your picture to 8"x10".

Hi mpenza, thanks for the reply. But does it has to be cropped to exactly 1800 px by 1200 px. Can i cropped it bigger or smaller?

8R is not 3:2 - 8 by 10 inch

Super 8R is 3:2 - 8 by 12 inch

Maybe that was the problem. :)

Oh to answer ur question.....
8 X 10 = 4:5 ratio

so.... if 1200px = 4 , then 1500px = 5 (am i right?)

so u need an image of 1200 by 1500 (not 1800)... as long as u have the 4:5ratio ya?

moos blues said:
8R is not 3:2 - 8 by 10 inch

Super 8R is 3:2 - 8 by 12 inch

Maybe that was the problem. :)

Oh to answer ur question.....
8 X 10 = 4:5 ratio

so.... if 1200px = 4 , then 1500px = 5 (am i right?)

so u need an image of 1200 by 1500 (not 1800)... as long as u have the 4:5ratio ya?

Thanks moos blues, i am not quite sure...

They indicated that the 8R or S8R prints must be at least 1800px by 1200px with minimum res. of 300dpi. What does this means?

If i got a 3000px by 2000px image, how should i process it to get the correct 8R and 4R prints.

Whenever you send prints to the shop. If you have not cropped your photos to ratio, it is important to instruct the lab about how you want your picture done.

not sure if some of u have encounter this prob which i have..

that is when i send for printing at the lab.. the photos seemed to have "plastiky'' effect, which is very different from what i see on my monitor when i was processing in PS CS. It appears to be sharp and able to see fine details but not when after i've developed it..

i usually use 6 x 4 @ 300ppi; Quality: 10; Progressive Scans: 3.

can anybody share some insights to this?? really appreciate it..

i think the lab machine prob couldn't interpret the progressive scan part. in any case there isn't a need to use progressive scan compression/encoding when printing.. since you don't need a progressive "preview" on the fly.

try baseline only and see how it goes.

Adam Goi said:
Hi.

Same thing used to happen to me but when I tried to crop using inches instead of pixels, I no longer had the problem ...

hmm.. can't be leh.. coz when cropping my unit setting is in pixel/inch oredi.. or are u referring to something else? :think:

also there are some technical terms that are used on the back of the photos.. eg: NNA3, NNAA, 1N1B, NN1N etc.. wat does it mean?? :dunno:

igpenguin said:
i think the lab machine prob couldn't interpret the progressive scan part. in any case there isn't a need to use progressive scan compression/encoding when printing.. since you don't need a progressive "preview" on the fly.

try baseline only and see how it goes.

okie.. will try setting to baseline for my future prints.. thanx.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.