What happen to Haagen Diaz Ice cream( Rum and Raisin)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonsiao

Sep 2, 2004
singapore
www.weddingdairy.blogspot.com
Hi guys,
Just found out that my Fav Ice Cream is gone.... Can't find this Favour anywhere. Can anyone let me know if any of the outlets near their homes sell this favour so i can stock up... i normally consume 2 pints a week...Help... :bsmilie:

why don't u ask the staff from haagen daz shop... there is one at junction8, the should know. mean while try anderson of denmark ice cream it is nice :D

nicholas1986 said:
why don't u ask the staff from haagen daz shop... there is one at junction8, the should know. mean while try anderson of denmark ice cream it is nice :D

I ask already, they also not sure..... :dunno:
If really no choice, i will try Anderson's.... which do you prefer? :bsmilie:

the last time i ate haagen daz was like 2 years ago, dun like it cos it is very sweet , switch to anderson since then

Rum and raisin ice cream... my favourite flavour too. But Haagen Daaz quite expensive. You can try Swensen also if you can find it. Too bad the rum and raisin ice cream in Singapore doesn't come with any alcoholic content. The one I've tried when I was in Europe was :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . My friend's kid got drunk after we 1st tried the ice cream in Europe!!

nicholas1986 said:
the last time i ate haagen daz was like 2 years ago, dun like it cos it is very sweet , switch to anderson since then

i love it since the very first time becos its the only one that can satisfy my Sweet Tooth.... :bsmilie:

kelccm said:
Rum and raisin ice cream... my favourite flavour too. But Haagen Daaz quite expensive. You can try Swensen also if you can find it. Too bad the rum and raisin ice cream in Singapore doesn't come with any alcoholic content. The one I've tried when I was in Europe was :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . My friend's kid got drunk after we 1st tried the ice cream in Europe!!

have you tried adding more Rum after you opened it at home??? :thumbsup:
wonder whether yr friend's kid would try it again....lol.. :bsmilie: must be good stuff..

nikonsiao said:
Hi guys,
Just found out that my Fav Ice Cream is gone.... Can't find this Favour anywhere. Can anyone let me know if any of the outlets near their homes sell this favour so i can stock up... i normally consume 2 pints a week...Help... :bsmilie:

Is Haagen Diaz a Halal Food Cert registered company? if so rum is disallowed. IIRC, one other Halal ice cream company had their rum related products withdrew too.

nikonsiao said:
have you tried adding more Rum after you opened it at home??? :thumbsup:
wonder whether yr friend's kid would try it again....lol.. :bsmilie: must be good stuff..

The ice cream itself doesn't have any alcohol but it is the raisins that are soaked in rum. So while the ice cream has the rum flavour, it is the raisins that give the shiokness! Even the Haagen Daaz's rum and raisin (in Europe) has that real rum soaked raisins.

BTW, must be quite some sweet tooth you have to buy Haagen Daaz ice cream every week ;) Hee hee

jeffhiew said:
Is Haagen Diaz a Halal Food Cert registered company? if so rum is disallowed. IIRC, one other Halal ice cream company had their rum related products withdrew too.

Ah I forgot about our fellow muslims here. Now I know why there is no real rum in Singapore's ice cream. I'm not sure if it is Halal certified, but I'm sure no company would like to lose any potential customers.

Have you tried the ones from Gelare?

Not bad too ... will try Anderson someday

:D

U can find the flavour in the haagen dazs near marriot next to scotts one.. just had it a few days ago. can't be gone so fast!

Anyone tried Green's Caramel ice cream? sold in NTUC. My favourite. :)

jeffhiew said:

What?!?! No more haagen dazs ram and raisin??!!!??? NOOoooooo!!!!!:cry:

SnapSnap said:
What?!?! No more haagen dazs ram and raisin??!!!??? NOOoooooo!!!!!:cry:
i almost read "RAM & heatsink". ;p :bsmilie:

kate78 said:
U can find the flavour in the haagen dazs near marriot next to scotts one.. just had it a few days ago. can't be gone so fast!

go check it out..Dun have....that's why i have not been sleeping properly...
i miss my rum and raisin.... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.