what happen to CF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I have a situation here:

my CF doesnt seem to be in its right order, the photos i took with my D70s seem blur or only half image. Taken 100 photos but only 20 is shown and the rest are either can not be view ( different format? not jpeg? ) or disappear from my CF? Took my CF out and read it under my card reader, unfortunately its still the same! I was pissed with my CF and decide to delete all photos, but the computer said '' image cant be deleted'' puzzled with both technology.

#Does any one experience such problem with their CF? (Scandisk ultra ii 1.0gb)

#Could it be my camera that cause it?

#Both item are relatively new? (1 1/2 year old)

#Any good CF to recommend?

#What is the difference between the normal (kingtons) and the scandisk ultra/xtreme?

Regards
Gordon

god_created_me

Jul 25, 2005
west
Hi guys, I have a situation here:

my CF doesnt seem to be in its right order, the photos i took with my D70s seem blur or only half image. Taken 100 photos but only 20 is shown and the rest are either can not be view ( different format? not jpeg? ) or disappear from my CF? Took my CF out and read it under my card reader, unfortunately its still the same! I was pissed with my CF and decide to delete all photos, but the computer said '' image cant be deleted'' puzzled with both technology.

#Does any one experience such problem with their CF? (Scandisk ultra ii 1.0gb)

#Could it be my camera that cause it?

#Both item are relatively new? (1 1/2 year old)

Regards
Gordon

Looks like there is a problem writing data onto the CF. Try another card to see if it is the card's problem or the camara's.

BC

Hi guy, I have a situation here:

My CF doesnt seem to be in its right order, photos turn out blur( image half blur, distorted ) that are shown in my LCD or either disappear from my CF for no reason? Taken 100 photos and only 20 are shown, and its happen quite oftenly as in once in a while it show all the photos and sometime not.. Unfortunately i throught trying my card reader to read my CF, still turn out to be the same.

-Does any one experience such situation with their CF?

-Could it be my camera that is faulty?

-Both item are relatively new ( 1 1/2 year old )

-What's the difference between the normal CF and those Scandisk ultra/xtreme CF?

Appreciate it if someone can tell me what is going on with my CF?

Regards
Gordon

some samples would be nice.
possible probs
1) cf corrupted so writing files to it creates half missing pics and so on
soln: format the cf in ur camera and take new test shots
2)CF spoilt
soln: take back to distributor
3)camera spoilt
for ur wallet's sake i hope not..

Try with a different CF card, this will tell you straight away if camera or old CF card.

Try with a different CF card, this will tell you straight away if camera or old CF card.

Huh u mean the CF will age after long use? I tried putting it back to format the CF, but it will happen once in a blue moon then it'll die on me..

Well guess its time to get a new CF soon, any recommendation? The last time I got mine from a CSer during a mass order. Thanks for the information render!

Regards
Gordon

there have been many cases of d70/s users of images being corrupted. It is the camera's fault, because it is lag, it corrupts the image. I used to press very quickly at the settings on play back and this lags the camera and suddenly an image that is ivewable 2 secs ago would not be ablet o view again.

the counter to this, when at play back, never scroll through the photos very quickly and pressing the enter button to zoom in immediately after letting go of the multi selector button, let it for 1.5 secs and press other buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.