what handphone to buy for gf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
My gf accidentally dropped her hp (Nokia 8210 if I remember correctly) into water today, now seems not working. Thinking of getting her a new one, what's your suggestion? Hopefully not more than S$350.

Thanks. :)

350?? 3350 or 3530 can't remember haha
or 2100 brand new....

$350 can get 6510 2nd hand..

kindred! calling kindred ... customer waiting for u here ....

Thanks, but the Nokia 3 series one are quite bulky right? My gf prefer a small one, like the 8210/8250 size...

Anymore suggestion? I kinda like the Samsung model, but don't know which to choose. :dunno:

upgrade lor... i change from 8210 to 6510... top up around 100+ i think w/o trade in. i think 6100 nicer... got colour:D .

Originally posted by Kho King
Thanks, but the Nokia 3 series one are quite bulky right? My gf prefer a small one, like the 8210/8250 size...

Anymore suggestion? I kinda like the Samsung model, but don't know which to choose. :dunno:

Samsung like not very good leh... heard from my colleague. Aniwae, the 6510 is slight thicker but shorter than 8210...

Originally posted by AdamGoi
Instead of asking of what you like, why don't you ask her what she likes? ;)

what, at $350? hehe

"I like the 7250! soo cute... :heart: :kiss:!"

LOL

Originally posted by AdamGoi
Instead of asking of what you like, why don't you ask her what she likes? ;)

If he ask, most prob gf will want 8910... then how?:p

my gf also doesn't know much about hp...so better let me suggest one to her...and I need suggestion from u guys... :)

Ok...from the pricelist Darren gave (thanks, Darren!), seems like S$350 is not possible to get a good hp. I really hope not spending more than S$550...so any other suggestion?

Hope to have features:
1. Chinese characters (easy to type one...)
2. Can store sms more than 20 (or is it got to do with the sim card?)
3. Small and light
4. User friendly
5. Hopefully no antenna...easy to store
6. Durable, but not those rugged type. It is for a GIRL...
(don't want to buy hp with many complaint from end user. Heard some people complainning much about the Nokia 8250, that's why my gf bought the 8210 last time).

hey why not get 6610?? thinks its presentable enuff for a lady...and quite packed with functions. Also, think the price is abt $350 range. ;)

my gf also doesn't know much about hp...so better let me suggest one to her...and I need suggestion from u guys... :)

Ok...from the pricelist Darren gave (thanks, Darren!), seems like S$350 is not possible to get a good hp. I really hope not spending more than S$550...so any other suggestion?

I think the price quoted is when u buy new without any plans. I believed tt ur gf is currently under certain plan. So jus request for an upgrade of phone. the price will be much better. Only catch is that u have to be with that plan for another 2 yrs lor...

Originally posted by Joseph
hey why not get 6610?? thinks its presentable enuff for a lady...and quite packed with functions. Also, think the price is abt $350 range. ;)

hehehe.... i upgraded to N6610 from N8250 with a $188 top-up (trade-in) plus a 2 year plan at M1. their promotion just finished last week.

not that my N8250 is no good. in fact my N8250 had been problem-free since day 1 (that's about 2 years ago)

Originally posted by bearycute
I think the price quoted is when u buy new without any plans. I believed tt ur gf is currently under certain plan. So jus request for an upgrade of phone. the price will be much better. Only catch is that u have to be with that plan for another 2 yrs lor...
Don't think thats possible ... Kho King is from Malaysia, and unless his gf is in Singapore (quite unlikely), then the upgrade thingie doesn't apply. Malaysia mobile telcos not into this upgrade & subsidise phones game.

Hope to have features:
1. Chinese characters (easy to type one...)
2. Can store sms more than 20 (or is it got to do with the sim card?)
3. Small and light
4. User friendly
5. Hopefully no antenna...easy to store
6. Durable, but not those rugged type. It is for a GIRL...
(don't want to buy hp with many complaint from end user. Heard some people complainning much about the Nokia 8250, that's why my gf bought the 8210 last time).

Both the 8310 and the 6510 is a good buy.
I got my 6510 for $400+ w/o line, brand new, a month or so ago.

As your gf is a former user of 8210, she will be familar with the interfaces and little re-learning is needed
(I got a hard time trying to sms a simple msg when I switched from a nokia to motorola V60 and I finally switched back to nokia again)

The 8310 and 6510 are able to store SMS inside the phone's memory and so you are store 100+ sms.

They also have FM-radio, very useful to relieve boredom while waiting. example waiting at bus-stops or MRT...etc

Small and light weight too, though slightly heavier than the 8210. But that's a few grams difference hardly noticable.

The ability to change covers is not only to suit the trendy, it's also important as, if your casing is scratched or worse cracked! It is cheaper to buy the cover yourself to replace than send in for repairs.

My ex-6210 costs quite a bit for a replacement cover as it's cover cannot be found in the market.

i also prefer my old 8210...

why not get a 2nd hand 8210 for your gf and then buy a new cover?

may be can ask kindred to change to white LEDs for u....very very nice!

i got a pair for me and my gf....but still dun want to upgrade becos we dun need fancy color screen or GPRS or radio

Status
Not open for further replies.