what got you into photography ?

flightspeed

Feb 26, 2006
as the title above goes -

My first foray into photography was when i wanted to take pics of my pets using a PNS. i realised that the pictures were blur and was abit frustrated .. complained to a colleague and he brought along a D70 to take pics ...

WOW were my first impressions ... bot a pre-loved nikon 5400 and tried .. didnt have much effect .. rented a D70 and took nice clear pics of pets running, swimming etc ..

1 week later i got myself a 400D canon 4 years ago .. gave up after 1 mth due to work and also the complexity of photography :embrass:

bot my 2nd Canon DSLR 3 weeks ago and now i m trying to pick it up again - same issues .. still trying to understand the F stops , ISOs , etc

well i m learning n i m enjoying every moment of it :)

Welcome to CS! Well, I'm into photography is because of my other hobby which demands it, and the want to take better family photos than normal PnS (which sucks big time under low lighting). Was using a Nikon F7 film SLR... now looking to upgrade to a DSLR (D90) while still holding on to a Canon IXUS 120. :D

Well mine began all the way back when there was once upon a time, a phone called Nokia 7650 existed. The rest is a stepping stone to my 1st beloved E-420. Was using a pns from Canon before making the jump. :)

nothing glamorous about it..

i was bored, i had a lot of time on my hands.

Used to be in a photography club back in film SLR days. Not too long ago I was very much into computer hardware, bought DSLR to shoot my modded hardware... So far haven't gotten any shots of the hardware yet :p

i was annoyed by friends randomly snappping..so i took up photography as hobby to learn to take better photos...it's fun n convenient..get ur equipment, go out n shoot..

as the title above goes -

My first foray into photography was when i wanted to take pics of my pets using a PNS. i realised that the pictures were blur and was abit frustrated .. complained to a colleague and he brought along a D70 to take pics ...

WOW were my first impressions ... bot a pre-loved nikon 5400 and tried .. didnt have much effect .. rented a D70 and took nice clear pics of pets running, swimming etc ..

1 week later i got myself a 400D canon 4 years ago .. gave up after 1 mth due to work and also the complexity of photography :embrass:

bot my 2nd Canon DSLR 3 weeks ago and now i m trying to pick it up again - same issues .. still trying to understand the F stops , ISOs , etc

well i m learning n i m enjoying every moment of it :)

While not answering the thread titled question, these excellent and very easy to understand guides might help:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

CHEERS!

the fustration from pns noisy & blury picture motivated me to find out more about photography. not looking back since...;)

Took up photography through my friend. Was taking a break and decided to take a new hobby

its always been a hobby of mine for the past years but since DSLR quite ex so i settle for a pns, manage to save up though so at last i bought 1 last year..but still struggling to really understand it actually but lucky me that my bro introduce me to cs and i actually did learn all of the skills that i have now from here...Thanks yall:thumbsup:

Well i guess for me, its a hobby. I like to travel and photography does go hand in hand with that.

Cheers:)

Went tour Taiwan, took lots of pics with my PnS. Came back, look at the pics then compare to others... feels very very dissatisfied. Took 9 months reading photography books and thinking about it before finally take the plunge for a DSLR. Guess also partly due to getting sick of looking at computer h/w hence this new hobby.

i love movies alot.. especially those artistic movies... i always marveled at how the director can created such and such a scene and bring such and such a mood...

but of course i cannot create a movie... so the only alternative is trying to create some pics...

haha...

HDR photos are what inspired me to take up photography as my new hobby. Just bought my D90 few days back and loving it with tender care. :cool:

I am a formally trained IT and EE Engineering graduate however photography is a more lucrative occupation currently. Better luck i guess compared to my classmates who are still out of work.

I am a formally trained IT and EE Engineering graduate however photography is a more lucrative occupation currently. Better luck i guess compared to my classmates who are still out of work.

Market still so bad for IT/EEE graduates huh? Was an EEE graduate as well, not into other lines.

THANKS !!! i been reading these stuffs all over .. still catch no ball man .. guess the aperture opening in my brains are at fstop 8 whilst u guys at 1.2 ;)

You're welcome.

What is it, exactly, that you managed to understand, and what is it, exactly that you're having problems with.

I'll try and help if I can.

PM if you're more comfortable that way.

:)

was in the photography club in poly back in the SLR era. dropped due to high cost since i'm only a student and cant afford to own a body. have been a hobby using PNS. but my trip last year to melbourne during whale watching, thats when i realised my 10x optional zoom PNS just cant capture these magnificent creatures! i later decide to pick up D90 and reapplying some of my SLR knowlegde, swearing to return to visit these magnificent whales again.