What gift to get from Singapore for a friend in a foreign country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbs99

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Any suggestions? I was thinking getting those packet food seasonings like chicken rice or something. But does airport has restrictions on those food stuff to fly? :lovegrin:

get him/her one of those 'fine country' teeshirt.

Any suggestions? I was thinking getting those packet food seasonings like chicken rice or something. But does airport has restrictions on those food stuff to fly? :lovegrin:

:bigeyes: depends on the place you're flying to

your friend is foreign or singaporean

buy tiger balm.:)

buy tiger balm.:)

but is that included in the annoying liquid/solvent ban list or something? Does it apply to handcarry or cargo luggage? (i read the webby's explaination, maybe im silly, but doesnt tell me an obvious answer, whether it applies to handcarry only or cargo)

If your friend love Asian food, then suggest to pack up the many different kind/brand of bak ku teh. Many overseas friends really like our bak ku teh.

Buy a pandan cake from Begawan Solo at the airport, and then have fun trying to explain what it is made from to your friend. A lot of foreigners seems to think it's some sort of green tea I've heard.

The 100ml ban is on liquids in your handcarry luggage~ its fine to put any liquids you have in your check in luggage (cargo) to facilitate fast customs.

btw, I also second that Bak Kwa is a good souvenir i get for my friends~ Dry and easy to pack as a gift~ :cool:

but is that included in the annoying liquid/solvent ban list or something? Does it apply to handcarry or cargo luggage? (i read the webby's explaination, maybe im silly, but doesnt tell me an obvious answer, whether it applies to handcarry only or cargo)

not sure how strict the denmark customs are

but i would think there will be restrictions on meat products, for london what they will do if they find it is just confiscate it; as for other places, hard to say. once my friend's dad came to visit him with some bak kwa in stow and the happy dogs at heathrow must have caught a whiff of the bak kwa so they started barking and that's the last he saw of it. maybe those dogs got rewarded. :bsmilie:

well you don't exactly have to get him something all the way from singapore, to be frank.

How come all the suggestions seemed to be about food? Singapore's only icon is our different food type and "fine" t-shirt?
Quite true, hoh!

TS, it would depend on what your dutch friend like and how much you want to spend.

a) NEWater bottle - can get free from NEWater Visitor Centre (You can tell them I sent you... ;) )
b) Copy of Lee Kwan Yew's memoirs - "third world to first"
c) National flower decorations
d) Merlion gift
e) Mini-singapore flag
f) selangor pewter's range of gift
g) Singapore Encyclopedia
h) Soft toy from Singapore zoo or night safari
i) Photo of the Singapore flyer (self-taken and developed or commissioned someone here to do so)

Enough suggestions?

a) NEWater bottle - can get free from NEWater Visitor Centre (You can tell them I sent you... ;) )
b) Copy of Lee Kwan Yew's memoirs - "third world to first"
c) National flower decorations
d) Merlion gift
e) Mini-singapore flag
f) selangor pewter's range of gift
g) Singapore Encyclopedia
h) Soft toy from Singapore zoo or night safari
i) Photo of the Singapore flyer (self-taken and developed or commissioned someone here to do so)

j) Some foreigners perfer a souvenier from Geylang. :bsmilie:

.....you mean meat balls?

I expect you to say the famous Geylang sausages: :bsmilie:

chinesesausage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.