What format to use when developing photographs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six-GHz

Nov 29, 2006
Hi everyone, I hope someone can enlighten me on this query. What format should I set to my camera so when I send for developing, my pictures will not end up like tow-gay, ie. chop top and bottom?

I'm using the LX3 and have tried 4:3 and 3:2 formats, but ended up there are still some pictures that were cropped. I asked the Kodak developer and she said I must set my camera to 4:6 format. I told her isn't that 3:2 but she said no.

So for the gurus out there, appreciate if you could shed light as to what format to use (both in compacts and if there's any difference in dSLR) in order to have my pictures remain "as is" condition when developed. And are there differences in the machines used by different developers?

Thanks in advance!

I think she needs some revision in ratios, for 4Rs (4x6 inches) has a 2:3 ratio. 4:3 ratio there are a few shops that do "Jumbo 4R" or "Digital 4R" at 4.5x6 inches but you can't slot into standard albums.

Compacts mostly shoot at 4:3 ratio whereas dSLRs shoot in 2:3 ratio, of cos there are exceptions.

I'm using the LX3 and have tried 4:3 and 3:2 formats, but ended up there are still some pictures that were cropped. I asked the Kodak developer and she said I must set my camera to 4:6 format. I told her isn't that 3:2 but she said no.

LOL

Looks like she failed maths. :D

Bro suggest you change another shop to develop your photos....

may i suggest a shop in angmokio jubilee near MS color that develops photos for i think 15 cents per copy(the smallest size 1). the catch is you have to print above 100 copies.

Hi everyone, I hope someone can enlighten me on this query. What format should I set to my camera so when I send for developing, my pictures will not end up like tow-gay, ie. chop top and bottom?

So for the gurus out there, appreciate if you could shed light as to what format to use (both in compacts and if there's any difference in dSLR) in order to have my pictures remain "as is" condition when developed. And are there differences in the machines used by different developers?

Thanks in advance!
lol, she confuse you.

if you want to print 4R (4"x6") photo, make sure your images is in 2:3 ratio.

and if your images already in 3:4 ratio, you either using software to recrop it to 2:3 ratio if you still want to print in 4R prints. OR print it on DSC_4R or Super 4R or Jumbo 4R print size instead, the name of the print size depends on which labs you go to, the paper size is 4.5" by 6".

Hope this help.

Thanks in advance!

6:4 and 3:2 got any difference meh? :)
I think that was Primary 3 maths or something...

if you want to print 4R (4"x6") photo, make sure your images is in 2:3 ratio.

To all those who replied, thanks for enlightening :thumbsup: So to maintain the pictures "as is" condition, I would need to choose the 3:2 format.

And I think I'd better go to other shops to develop!

Status
Not open for further replies.