What format to use for hdd in portable storage Digimate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger

Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
Hi Bros,

bot a Digimate casing, cos got a new 2.5" hdd 120gb.

May I know what format to use to fomate the hdd - NTFS or FAT32 ?

cos FAT32 can be up to only 32gb only right ? and my hdd is 120gb. How to optimise the hdd ?

thanks ! :)

Hi Bros,

cos FAT32 can be up to only 32gb only right ? and my hdd is 120gb. How to optimise the hdd ?

Using your same setup. U have to format to FAT32.
Do a search on the web for free FAT32 format program. It will unlock all 120GB

Hi Bros,

if i'm not wrong. digimate needs FAT32 hdd to run. however check respective models. older models does not support large volume HDD.

if i'm not wrong. digimate needs FAT32 hdd to run. however check respective models. older models does not support large volume HDD.

mine is digimate III, quite new model I think.

also if anyone has the website of digimate manufacturer, pls let me know pls. I could also email to ask .... :embrass:

check my thread below.

yes. under product listing.

i tot NTFS?

i am using digimate III with 100GB FAT32 formatted harddisk.

how to format FAT32? i used a traditional approach. i hook up my 100G harddisk to my pc, then attempt to install win98, during installation, it will format the hd... after formatting, off pc ... than place hd in digimate... than can use lor.

anybody knows how to format in win xp or vista?

i am using digimate III with 100GB FAT32 formatted harddisk.

how to format FAT32? i used a traditional approach. i hook up my 100G harddisk to my pc, then attempt to install win98, during installation, it will format the hd... after formatting, off pc ... than place hd in digimate... than can use lor.

anybody knows how to format in win xp or vista?
under administrative tools > computer management > disk management you can do that... but i think its limited to 32GB, so gotta partition before formatting it.

Do a search on the web for free FAT32 format program. It will unlock all of the 120GB.

I'm using digimateIII touchscreen with 120GB PATA HDD.

Hm can it support 160GB harddisk?

There should be a utility program that comes with the casing. You need it to format the hdd with FAT32 and above 32 GB.

If you don't have it, try search the Internet for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.