What flash to get for Canon S5 IS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedant

Jun 28, 2007
Bukit Panjang
Dear all,

I'm a newbie here. Recently bought a Canon S5 IS, planning to use it for my honeymoon trip in US to take nightscape of Las Vegas & Disneyland and Grand Canyon. I'm a basic user so need pro advice in recommending flash light for my camera. Budget <$500. Hope to get it on this sat as last day of 5% GST. Haha.. Thanks..

Dear all,

I'm a newbie here. Recently bought a Canon S5 IS, planning to use it for my honeymoon trip in US to take nightscape of Las Vegas & Disneyland and Grand Canyon. I'm a basic user so need pro advice in recommending flash light for my camera. Budget <$500. Hope to get it on this sat as last day of 5% GST. Haha.. Thanks..

Should be Canon Speedlite flash like 430EX or 580EX.

http://site-sg.canon-asia.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=digitalcamera&prod_type=powershotS5IS_specs

For your budget of <$500
Get the 430EX. Its about $450 brand new.
Can even get an omnibounce, less than $500 in total.

shoot nightscapes? get a tripod instead... those small tiny ones shd do also. Place them on window stills or ledges

Dear all,

if you tried the flash on S5IS you will know it is good enough. i think the thing you need is a tripod more.

Dear all,

Since u're also taking landscapes. U may want to consider getting a wide-converter lens to make the FOV wider cos 36mm is just not wide enough for landscapes.

thanks for all seniors recommendation.. well noted.. Tmr go peninsula walkwalk.. Thank you..
Will post my pics for comment and viewing when after my trip.. In meantime, will practise more..

thanks for all seniors recommendation.. well noted.. Tmr go peninsula walkwalk.. Thank you..
Will post my pics for comment and viewing when after my trip.. In meantime, will practise more..

I may drop by that area too later this afternoon.

Since u're also taking landscapes. U may want to consider getting a wide-converter lens to make the FOV wider cos 36mm is just not wide enough for landscapes.

Just sharing, yes agreed with Snoweagle:thumbsup: =on wide angle for your case(landscape).

For your budget of <$500
Get the 430EX. Its about $450 brand new.
Can even get an omnibounce, less than $500 in total.

Yup, abit late or rather(cos to 'run' ard diff sections):) , yes shared the same as Dithiolium:thumbsup: =both mentioned items will still land you less than $500:thumbsup: & to me I 'feel'=430EX(cos I dun own 1, but based on G7+580EX not too balance=heavier-top) is a better balance when use with S5-IS, supposedly.

Dear all,

Btw, hope the above helps:cool: .

Status
Not open for further replies.