What flash suitable for 300D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all experts..

I m just using a 300D and has no plans to upgrade body yet (no $$).. and I am not familiar with flash technology..

which flash would you suggest to go along with 300D (which I think only has ETTL)? from what I read.. the 580EX would be quite useless cos the 300D cannot make use of the many features.. so like looking @ rest like 420, 430, 550

like to find 1 flash (economical) & yet with best features that can go well & making full use of all the features when used combined with 300D.

thanks

:think:

Second hand 550 or 420ex :) I bought a new 430ex cause i needed the on flash FEC as my body dosnet have that control..

Aphotographer said:
hi all experts..

I m just using a 300D and has no plans to upgrade body yet (no $$).. and I am not familiar with flash technology..

which flash would you suggest to go along with 300D (which I think only has ETTL)? from what I read.. the 580EX would be quite useless cos the 300D cannot make use of the many features.. so like looking @ rest like 420, 430, 550

like to find 1 flash (economical) & yet with best features that can go well & making full use of all the features when used combined with 300D.

thanks

:think:

What's ur budget? Got Metz :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Go for a second hand 550ex or Grey 430ex or Sigma 500DG Super. :)

Aphotographer said:
I was thinking of 430 too but dunno issit over-features for my 300D... is 550 good to use?

unless u've hacked ur 300D with the (in)famous russian hack, the 550 would be a good choice cos it gives u certain features dat 300D doesn't have (FEC for one).

i got by with the sigma 500DG Super on my ex-300D. a lot cheaper, but lacking in features compared to the 550. then again, u get wat u paid for. :)

THe hacked firmware jsut enables you to make the 300D functio like a 10D..you can control FEC and second cutrain sync on camera if the flahs does not have that conrol. The 580ex has many other funcitons like strobe and wireless master control. I suggest you search around for reviews on all the different models :)

ETTLII is a flash metering system by canon that returns not only exposure but distance and WB info the cmaeras that support it. It is purely dependant on weaher both the flash and body can support those functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.