What flash should i get for a start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

payne1599

Oct 27, 2007
Hi, can anyone advise me on what flash i should get for my 400D? i've been doing quite abit of indoor/night photography, so i kinda need a flash for it. budget is within 300-400 is it possible? :confused:

Hi, can anyone advise me on what flash i should get for my 400D? i've been doing quite abit of indoor/night photography, so i kinda need a flash for it. budget is within 300-400 is it possible? :confused:

Ahhh 420EX or 430EX

anyone can list the price of the various flashes as a guideline ?
i was also getting a flash, i was considering 440EX.
i'm using it usually for portrait both indoor and outdoor.
i take landscape and street photohgraphy too.

Get the best flash you can afford. For me the 580 EX II

Hate to sound like a broken record..... but agree with - hammie - ...... try to get the best Flash you could afford. Ur buget is already $400..... a 580EX MkII sells for $630 in the MO selection at ClubSNAP.

Buying a 430EX would save you some money now...... but I believe you will easily 'outgrown' your flash..... then spent more $$$ to upgrade again :sweat:

anyone can list the price of the various flashes as a guideline ?
i was also getting a flash, i was considering 440EX.
i'm using it usually for portrait both indoor and outdoor.
i take landscape and street photohgraphy too.

There's no such thing as a 440EX... :dunno:

Hate to sound like a broken record..... but agree with - hammie - ...... try to get the best Flash you could afford. Ur buget is already $400..... a 580EX MkII sells for $630 in the MO selection at ClubSNAP.

Buying a 430EX would save you some money now...... but I believe you will easily 'outgrown' your flash..... then spent more $$$ to upgrade again :sweat:
bro, no offense but i haben really got the idea of getting the latest model (maybe i still dunno how this flash purchase trend work:sweat:).
if u mentioned that we'd easily 'outgrown' our flash... we'll surely still 'outgrown' the 580EX MkII later when a new model comes out again?

it's seems to be a vicious cycle, which is the same as in getting the latest most powerful Personal Computer thinking it'll last u longer. :dunno: could someone enlighten me on this? :embrass:

so what can 430EX II at it's maximum? like range? how far can it reach? i was thinking of getting it since i had tight budget plus need got batteries,charger and diffuser..

so what can 430EX II at it's maximum? like range? how far can it reach? i was thinking of getting it since i had tight budget plus need got batteries,charger and diffuser..

Depends on aperture and your ISO settings also...guide number is a reference at ISO 100, with a conceptual aperture of f/1, I believe.

bro, no offense but i haben really got the idea of getting the latest model (maybe i still dunno how this flash purchase trend work:sweat:).
if u mentioned that we'd easily 'outgrown' our flash... we'll surely still 'outgrown' the 580EX MkII later when a new model comes out again?

it's seems to be a vicious cycle, which is the same as in getting the latest most powerful Personal Computer thinking it'll last u longer. :dunno: could someone enlighten me on this? :embrass:

You are not wrong there..... but you forget that the 580EX MkII is also more powerful then the 430EX. And I prefer having that extra power even if I don't use it..... then being under-powered when I need it :bsmilie:

Btw..... If ever Canon have a more powerful Flash (sooner or later)..... I most likely would get it once the price is right..... :thumbsup:

U nv know when u need the power. More light is always better than not enough light. Only to curse when your unit is not powerful enough to cover and miss the shot.

what is your subject in your "indoor/night photography"?

i got a 430EXII 2 weeks ago at APS for $42*

The newest 430EXII is going at around S$410 - 430

Status
Not open for further replies.